2017 SYNC3 Demonstration vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something I cannot figure out about Ford Pass control of vehicle remotely. If the vehicle is not close to wifi and I am in another area of town how does the signal to remote start get to the vehicle? What kind of a connection does the vehicle have? My phone has data and cell capability. Which one is used and how does the vehicle receive it?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok i must have missed it - he has an Android phone right?

Wasn't trying to say it was on that particular video, but it is a feature of the correct level of SYNC G3. Not sure how old that video is or if it even covers the "other applications" features of the unit.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really impressed with that interface. Hopefully that have made some tweaks and we are not forced to keep that sky blue background with the white tiles[emoji1361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Striker

Reaction score
I have something I cannot figure out about Ford Pass control of vehicle remotely. If the vehicle is not close to wifi and I am in another area of town how does the signal to remote start get to the vehicle? What kind of a connection does the vehicle have? My phone has data and cell capability. Which one is used and how does the vehicle receive it?

This might help, SYNC® Connect* allows Ford owners to stay connected to their vehicles in a way they’ve never been able to before. This built-in technology—powered by a 4G LTE modem and the AT&T network**—connects owners to their vehicles from virtually anywhere—through FordPass® on their smartphones.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I thought it might be something like a phone wonder if they use a phone number? On star charges $39 a month after a certain time. I hope Ford does not charge for it?.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk