2017 Raptor Worthy System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just had a "Raptor Worthy" system installed in my 2017 by Elevated Audio in Denver, CO. The most exciting piece of the build is using the new PAC Audio PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21. This piece claims to provide a clean, level signal that avoids all of the amplifier adjustments with volume changes. It also preserves all of the factory integration with door chimes, collision avoidance, bluetooth, etc. The PAC also removes the need to disconnect fake engine noise as it bypasses it.

I couldn't be more happy with the install and the SOUND! Morels are a component I hadn't heard before, but they are so clean, crisp, and warm - they just sound better and better the louder it gets. This thing rocks and the guys at Elevated Audio did an amazing job keeping it factory looking, CLEAN, and everything concealed. The JL 10" shallow mount absolutely fits in a ported box with the right airspace if you have a good install crew. The seat folds up approx 70%, but not 100% since it pivots back when fully up.

Installation Components:
- PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21 - creates level signal before the amps with preamp outputs.
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 - replacing front door speakers/tweeters
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Integra - replacing rear door speakers
- JL Audio XD 1000 Amp - will drive new fronts, rears, and sub.
- JL Audio TW3 10" shallow mount subwoofer in a custom ported box behind the rear seats.

If anyone needs more info or has any questions about the build hit me or the guys at elevated up.

www.elevatedaudio.com

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6081.jpg
    IMG_6081.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_6077.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6084.jpg
    IMG_6084.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2676.jpg
    IMG_2676.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 166

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it! Any idea what the interior volume is on the box design?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Elevated Audio said that they achieved the design volume for the ported enclosure - I'm pretty sure it was .6 or .7 cu. ft. It sounds amazing.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While the PAC adapter is a very good option, if their audio was truly "elevated" they would have achieved a clean line out using Forscan. No adapters necessary and a clean signal sent directly from the factory components. Less parts, less cost, and the same or better signal compared to the PAC setup. Might want to mention that to them if you are back at their shop someday.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Eric - I must have missed the picture you posted of RCA preamp outputs on the back of the factory radio. This approach provides RCA's, doesn't require any soldering/splicing, etc, and is only $250.

Last edited:

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the PAC adapter for only the sony system?

I am trying to add a sub to my nav non sony system. Thanks.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
In my Ram 2500 I just got a custom box with two alpine 10's and an amp and had it wired up for about $200. Sounds awesome. Anybody just throw a sub or two and an amp in the raptor? How's it sound if so? Can't imagine the Raptor door speakers sound worse than the ones in my Ram