Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

2017 Raptor stock security systeem


This is a discussion on 2017 Raptor stock security systeem within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Does any one know what our stock security system comes with? I can't find any information on the internet concerning ...


User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Western N.C.
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 2017 Raptor stock security systeem
Does any one know what our stock security system comes with? I can't find any information on the internet concerning the stock system. I did see a dealer video the said there are two motion sensors in the overhead console.

I'm trying to figure out if the stock system is going to be enough or should I look into upgrading it when my Raptor finally shows up.

Thanks,

Charles




Charles S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Age: 40
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default


I got an initial upgrade :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marcomilano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Western N.C.
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
lol, I think that will be my initial upgrade as well.
Charles S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
PMR's Avatar
PMR
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
16:00 minutes into this review covers the motion sensors.

https://youtu.be/DJU3a069O4A
PMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
D-Dub's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member



 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 53
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default 2017 Raptor and F150 Security
The base security system has two levels, the basic perimeter and perimeter with internal motion sensors. The bad part is that ford left out the middle part of the equation. Which is an External Shock Sensor. Ford calls it a Perimeter Plus "Accessory" where two additional modules are added if you choose for close to $450 retail. One module is a shock sensor the other is is for Ford Remote Access ($60.00) year subscription similar to GM Onstar... but way cheaper. You can but the modules seperatly, I chose on to go with the shock sensor only. It is a plug and play system except if you get the remote access the Ford Parts guy will have to register and activate the SIM card for your vehicle. Why is the external shock sensor a missing link, is that the basic perimeter system does not go off if someone try's to break a window or open a door, once inside it only takes a few seconds for a their to steal your items inside even though the internal motion sensors go off. By then access inside has been gained. I prefer the alarm to go off if a would be thief try's to break the glass or pulls on the door handle. The shock sensor is about $168.00 and is straight plug and play. It also has a sensitivity adjustment. I bought on for my 2016... then installed it on my 2017 Raptor, no issues works fine. You can do a youtube search and see how it works and get the part number from the Ford Custom Accessories web link in the Ford Owners Website. Hope this helps!!! One other thing, the kits do not come with an LED that flashes, but can add it for an additional $15.00, unfortunately you are supposed to drill a 9/32 hole in the top of steering shroud!!! I did it on my 2016, but did not on my Raptor. Why telegraph the vehicle is armed with an alarm!!! Cheers D-Dub!!!
D-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
SOAKINRED's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default motion sensors
Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
The base security system has two levels, the basic perimeter and perimeter with internal motion sensors. The bad part is that ford left out the middle part of the equation. Which is an External Shock Sensor. Ford calls it a Perimeter Plus "Accessory" where two additional modules are added if you choose for close to $450 retail. One module is a shock sensor the other is is for Ford Remote Access ($60.00) year subscription similar to GM Onstar... but way cheaper. You can but the modules seperatly, I chose on to go with the shock sensor only. It is a plug and play system except if you get the remote access the Ford Parts guy will have to register and activate the SIM card for your vehicle. Why is the external shock sensor a missing link, is that the basic perimeter system does not go off if someone try's to break a window or open a door, once inside it only takes a few seconds for a their to steal your items inside even though the internal motion sensors go off. By then access inside has been gained. I prefer the alarm to go off if a would be thief try's to break the glass or pulls on the door handle. The shock sensor is about $168.00 and is straight plug and play. It also has a sensitivity adjustment. I bought on for my 2016... then installed it on my 2017 Raptor, no issues works fine. You can do a youtube search and see how it works and get the part number from the Ford Custom Accessories web link in the Ford Owners Website. Hope this helps!!! One other thing, the kits do not come with an LED that flashes, but can add it for an additional $15.00, unfortunately you are supposed to drill a 9/32 hole in the top of steering shroud!!! I did it on my 2016, but did not on my Raptor. Why telegraph the vehicle is armed with an alarm!!! Cheers D-Dub!!!

Is this on the 802a package? or all of them?
SOAKINRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
D-Dub's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member



 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 53
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Security System
Originally Posted by SOAKINRED View Post
Is this on the 802a package? or all of them?
The base security system (perimeter security) comes on all 2015 + F150s including the Gen 2 Raptor, difference is the Raptor 802a package is the standard package for this high end truck and the interior motion sensors are standard. I was very surprised not to see the shock sensor as an option or as part of a dealer allocation builds. These still remain as "custom accessories" you must purchase from the Ford accessory page... I remote access requires you to carry an extra fob just to unlock you doors or start your vehicle from a distance of 1000 feet... which if you have Ford Pass downloaded on your phone you can track, start, lock, unlock your truck for free! Goofy way to go about alarming your vehicle IMHO. I bought the "Perimeter Plus" module for less then retail, installed in about 30 minutes. Hope this helps, Cheers D-Dub
SOAKINRED likes this.


__________________
Thanks, D-Dub
D-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Azholley's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Peoria, Arizona
Age: 27
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Kill switch and insurance... done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
17 SCREW AG
801A
Remote start
Spray in bed liner
Impatiently waiting
Azholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
JetDriver480's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Age: 35
Posts: 1,023
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Azholley View Post
Kill switch and insurance... done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add living in a nice area to this list


__________________
2017 Black Raptor Super-Crew 802A
DORA 2/6/17, VIN Issued 2/14/17, Build Date 3/12/17, Delivered 4/10/17.

THESE RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
JetDriver480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Can the motion sensors be added on the truck that doesn't have the 802a package?
r8ders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Security System for 2017 Raptor? Bassman Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] 40 09-21-2017 04:48 PM
Modded 2010 Raptor vs. Stock 2017 Raptor ZaneMasterX Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 528 01-11-2017 10:40 AM
GEN 2 Trump Plans to Use the 2017 Ford Raptor as Presidential Limousine – “Raptor One” Trick_Raptor Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 6 04-01-2016 03:55 PM
Raptor VSS Security and RMU Upgrade - Easy Install NJStangersJonathan Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1] 13 02-18-2016 01:40 PM
Raptor Security Camera IRONMAN Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1] 88 12-06-2013 02:48 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum