www.FordRaptorLights.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of lights, Jeff has been in constant communication with me, expect my lights to be sent this week. But I need help - has anyone tapped into their daytime running lights for fogs? I bought halos, and I want them on all the time without using an Aux switch...
I didn't do exactly this, but I wired my white lights to trigger with my high-beams. I have them wired so that I can turn them on with Aux 4, or I can flip Aux 1 and they trigger with the high beams.

The main idea was taken from this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/help-spst-relay-connect-light-bar-high-beams-54732/#post1162286

I've attached a diagram of my wiring. I'm not sure how wiring savvy you are, but for what you want to do, you would need to change the "High Beam Sense" wire (grey w/orange) to "Parking Light Sense". I would assume this is on the same plug that is discussed in the post above. Just use a voltmeter to find the parking light wire instead of the high beam wire.

On my diagram, you would skip the Aux switches and diode. Just wire in the relay to + and your fog lights.

You might like the option of turning the fogs off, so using an Aux switch might be useful.

Attachments

• OffRoad-Diode-Final.jpg
    OffRoad-Diode-Final.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't do exactly this, but I wired my white lights to trigger with my high-beams. I have them wired so that I can turn them on with Aux 4, or I can flip Aux 1 and they trigger with the high beams.

The main idea was taken from this thread:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/help-spst-relay-connect-light-bar-high-beams-54732/#post1162286

I've attached a diagram of my wiring. I'm not sure how wiring savvy you are, but for what you want to do, you would need to change the "High Beam Sense" wire (grey w/orange) to "Parking Light Sense". I would assume this is on the same plug that is discussed in the post above. Just use a voltmeter to find the parking light wire instead of the high beam wire.

On my diagram, you would skip the Aux switches and diode. Just wire in the relay to + and your fog lights.

You might like the option of turning the fogs off, so using an Aux switch might be useful.

Wow. This is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was able to get all my lights in however I haven't wired them up yet. That will happen as soon as I've fixed my harness.

I am also able to determine that lowering my license plate bracket using the stow and show modified bracket is going to work just fine with my Onyx light :biggrin:

Well I finally got all my lights wired up and the LIGHTS all work great...

BUT, I have discovered that I have what appears to be a BAD AUX 3 switch/wiring...(The switch lights up in the cab, but no power to the violet/orange wire under the hood)

Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper...

Anybody have any suggestions for me to try before taking my truck in to have the dealer RIP Into both my INTERIOR and WIRING...:mad:

What a load of crap...

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got all my lights wired up and the LIGHTS all work great...

BUT, I have discovered that I have what appears to be a BAD AUX 3 switch/wiring...(The switch lights up in the cab, but no power to the violet/orange wire under the hood)

Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper...

Anybody have any suggestions for me to try before taking my truck in to have the dealer RIP Into both my INTERIOR and WIRING...:mad:

What a load of crap...

You checked the fuse?

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You checked the fuse?

No...I figured since the "switch light" in the cab was on, fuse must be good...

But I will check it for sure. Happen to know off the top of your head which fuse? (before I seek out that funny book in the glove box)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The switch light is a micro switch... when it's toggled the light turns on/off from another power source. You should check the fuse under your hood. Chances are you blew it.

What switches do you have the various lights wired up to as each bank of 2 switches is rated for certain amperage (1/2, 3/4, 5/6)

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I didn't blow it but I suppose I could have. It's fuse number 94 to. I'll check it tomorrow I'm done for tonight

Here's how I wired up my aux switches:

AUX 1--OPEN

AUX 2--Onx6 -10 amp light

AUX 3--Spot - 7 amp per pair (Not Working)

AUX 4--Wide-cornering - 7 amp per pair

AUX 5--KC amber fog- 2 amps per pair (I helieve)

AUX 6--S2 Backup- 1.8 amp per pair ( not wired yet)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1/2: 15 amp
3/4: 10 amp
5/6: 5 amp

Switch 2: OnX6 is 8.4A on a 15Amp Switch (GOOD)

Switch 3: Squadron Pros are 6.66A total on a 10Amp Switch... Should be fine. A 10amp fuse is perfect (6.66 x 1.5 = 9.99). Did you try running anything else with those at the same time? Verify you have a 10 amp fuse on Switch 3

Switch 4: Wide Cornering. Same concept as above. They are identical squadron pros no reason one would stop working over the other.

Even if you reversed your #'s 3/4 are in the middle and are both the same so you can't really screw that one up.

I'd double-check you have 10 amp fuses in there and just replace the fuse if it's blown. If it's NOT blown, then double-check your wiring.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

(The switch lights up in the cab, but no power to the violet/orange wire under the hood)

Violet and orange??? I think you meant Violet and Green, which is the color off the upfitter harness that is for Switch #3.
Brown would be Switch #4...

YELLOW - Upfitter #1
GREEN/BROWN - Upfitter #2
VIOLET/GREEN - Upfitter #3
BROWN - Upfitter #4
BLUE/ORANGE - Upfitter #5
YELLOW/ORANGE - Upfitter #6

Now that's from a SuperDuty upfitter but there should be no reason they'd change the color scheme at all... i COULD be wrong, but WHY would they chnage the color scheme on IDENTICAL upfitters...

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Switch 3: Squadron Pros are 6.66A total on a 10Amp Switch... Should be fine. A 10amp fuse is perfect (6.66 x 1.5 = 9.99). Did you try running anything else with those at the same time? Verify you have a 10 amp fuse on Switch 3

Switch 4: Wide Cornering. Same concept as above. They are identical squadron pros no reason one would stop working over the other.

Even if you reversed your #'s 3/4 are in the middle and are both the same so you can't really screw that one up.

I'd double-check you have 10 amp fuses in there and just replace the fuse if it's blown. If it's NOT blown, then double-check your wiring.

Thanks for the assistance Jeff. I will check the fuse tomorrow.

I did check the wiring, as in I pluged the spots into aux 4, and they worked fine, I also hooked them up to Aux 1, same story.

So hopefully it is a fuse. If not I'm going to be pretty bummed, especially if it means a rewire. But since I'm probably the only one complaining about this that has lights I'll be optimistic, and hope it's a fuse.

I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks again

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Violet and orange??? I think you meant Violet and Green, which is the color off the upfitter harness that is for Switch #3.
Brown would be Switch #4...

YELLOW - Upfitter #1
GREEN/BROWN - Upfitter #2
VIOLET/GREEN - Upfitter #3
BROWN - Upfitter #4
BLUE/ORANGE - Upfitter #5
YELLOW/ORANGE - Upfitter #6

Now that's from a SuperDuty upfitter but there should be no reason they'd change the color scheme at all... i COULD be wrong, but WHY would they chnage the color scheme on IDENTICAL upfitters...

Ruh Roh! ruhroh-100336862-orig.jpg

Looks like there's a big discrepancy between the SuperDuty table and the info (see attached) from the Ford 2017 Raptor Supplemental Guide. Raptor table is on the LEFT and Super Duty table is on the right.

AND, if the Ford SVE Bulletin below screen cap from this link to the PDF is correct, your wiring colors are wrong for the Super Duty:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-252.pdf

Attachments

• Upfitter Fuses, Relays, Wire Colors.png
    Upfitter Fuses, Relays, Wire Colors.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.18.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.18.16 PM.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: