Vision X- Vendors Chime In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy once not twice. Output besides the look is the most important thing when it comes to lighting. 4900 lumens is nothing. Try new PRO series Rigid stuff. I just replaced a rigid radiance 20 inch led bar on my truck with 20 inch rigid driving PRO light and this light is no joke to say least. Consider lifetime warranties for both Baja and Rigid. I do have Baja XL80s and 19000 lumens and coverage is awesome. I heard from some members that had owned Vision X in the past and moved on to Rigid and Baja, that Vision X (cannons) puts out pencil sharp light, versus better peripheral coverage from Rigid and BD.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I basically did the vision x lights with the amber halo option for looks alone but they do put down some good light but nothing like the pro or radiance series led bars ..
I love how this thing is lit up at dusk with my precision retrofit demon eyes in factory heads it has quite the street presence and SAFETY . With the addition of the Putco led tailgate bar I have no reason to be rear ended or someone pulling out in front of me .
96eb8875e043ab5b609a82d0f175782e.jpgHaha
53ad721a72f3fc2a2465bea63ad8da91.jpg7cc4efaf8003d0da5b0fe4998541fe09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently made the purchase of a Raptor after doing a lot of research. I’ve had an OBS power stroke for a long time. Vision X is the brand for me, a lot of people up here run them (in Alaska). I had three 8.7 cannons mounted on my front bumper, one with the normal lens to shoot straight down the road and the other two “euro lens”. I’ll find a way to put them on the raptor once I get it into the garage. Might change the Euro out for something else. They are a great light, the options for filters and colors make them popular on and off the road.

That being said I have not been around the Baja designs lights at all. I saw some of the led bars that rigid industries first had on the market, and could compare them to Vision X. The vision X’s were considerably brighter, I have not been around any of the “prime” bars. Nor have I known anyone with issues with either vision X or Rigid products.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs are the best of the best. In all honesty they approached me a few years back and I just signed on as a dealer and didn't push their gear at all. I had no real eagerness to bother with their line unless somenoe asked me for it. It wasn't until I was at my Ford dealership and figured I'd kill some time... called my rep, ordered a demo set for my own truck and installed them. At first I thought "wow these look like cheap little lights" because the Squadron Sport I put on, were small. HOLY HELL was I completely wrong and underestimated them. These things were bright. And those were the Squadron Sports. Their Squadron Pros and XL80's are even brighter.

MAN OHH MAN did I learn never judge a book by its cover.

Fast forward to today and Baja Designs are the #1 aftermarket light I sell. And I (used to) sell some pretty cheap bars that you figured would sell because cheap light bars are an easy buy. But nope, customers know quality/expect quality and so I sell quality.

You really should give them a look. They are VERY well known in the Baja racing industry. Any high end shop can tell you that Baja is the way to go. It's also why you don't see them all over. It's a real high end product and they are made right in California. Sure Rigid is great but if you ask me, you are paying a lot more for a bar everybody seems to sell. They do use better sealants/etc... and everybody copies them, but for my money, it's Baja.

I recently switched out MOST of my lights on my demo truck to Baja.

I'd recommend you try them out. You'll end up loving them and come back for more. Being up in alaska i'd HIGHLY recommend you get some amber lights because they work wonderfully in the snow and bad weather.

We're a dealer and can help ya out if you need it.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part of the cannons I like best is the best is the distance. We can run our lights on the hwy if there is no traffic coming at you of course.

I guess when I fly down to pick it up I’ll have to find a dealer for Baja and check them out, watching you tube only gets you so far. I do like the amber halos of the vision X lights on Johngm’s photo.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're a dealer and can help ya out if you need it.

Send me a set and let me try them out... j/k... but not really.

Ok so I do like the Halo's on the Vision X and I am already a Vision X fan, So tell me this about your Baja lights. Can I use them on the hwy or in town without getting ticketed? If i can't because they are too bright then might as well get the Vision X's and run in town with the Halo's. In a snow storm I'm not going to use them anyway, better to use a blue light. Which brings me to another question, does Baja have blue lens covers?

Also Any after market lights I mount I'd have to have access to wipe them off after I get far enough out of town to turn them on with out getting into trouble. So although it is cool to have them hidden behind the grill in the desert, it doesn't work in the mud or snow. All it takes is a little Subaru in front of you in a no passing zone doing 15 miles under the speed limit to dirty up a set of lights and if you can't get to it to clean it what good is it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Buy a set and if you don't like them within 30 days, send them back to us.

No. You can't use ANY offroad lighting without the risk of getting a ticket. It's just that, off-road lighting. Even the Rigid Industries "SAE approved" lights are just that, SAE/DOT approved. That's just a safety rating. It doesn't mean you won't get in trouble, it just means the lights passed safety measures the DOT looks at.

But as long as you only put a pair of lights on, like in your fogs, you won't get into trouble. It's the guys who drive around with every light on they have, that get in trouble.

My truck has over 200,000 raw lumen of lights. I only ever drive with my low beams on and my accent light (I have amber lights in my bumper that shine straight down on the road). Only if it's raining/bad weather do I even put on my amber (really yellow) Baja Lights, and those are aimed down low at the ground.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Buy a set and if you don't like them within 30 days, send them back to us.

No. You can't use ANY offroad lighting without the risk of getting a ticket. It's just that, off-road lighting. Even the Rigid Industries "SAE approved" lights are just that, SAE/DOT approved. That's just a safety rating. It doesn't mean you won't get in trouble, it just means the lights passed safety measures the DOT looks at.

But as long as you only put a pair of lights on, like in your fogs, you won't get into trouble. It's the guys who drive around with every light on they have, that get in trouble.

My truck has over 200,000 raw lumen of lights. I only ever drive with my low beams on and my accent light (I have amber lights in my bumper that shine straight down on the road). Only if it's raining/bad weather do I even put on my amber (really yellow) Baja Lights, and those are aimed down low at the ground.

And here I was thinking that my plan for 125K-ish raw lumens was crazy.

Thanks for justifying my spending habits by being more excessive than I am. :favorites13:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can see our demo truck from space :) I'd add more but

1) I'm out of upfitters (I do have 2 free switches on my dash)
2) My custom power/relay plate is maxed out. I'd need to build a 2nd