Vision X- Vendors Chime In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
Alright so I liked the idea of the rigid radiance cubes, but realized the light output of them was [emoji90]. Baja Designs makes some slick lights, but doing some research I came across these:

35df644a9c070d822950db4220129e3a.jpg

Reading through this forum, I’m kinda seeing that BD is the gold standard. Anyone have any experience with vision x?

And these are out of stock on their website, any FRF vendors got these puppies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alright so I liked the idea of the rigid radiance cubes, but realized the light output of them was [emoji90]. Baja Designs makes some slick lights, but doing some research I came across these:

35df644a9c070d822950db4220129e3a.png

Reading through this forum, I’m kinda seeing that BD is the gold standard. Anyone have any experience with vision x?

And these are out of stock on their website, any FRF vendors got these puppies?

Yes sir! We’re a dealer and have them in stock! I’ll send you a PM now with more info!

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick is a dealer for fordraptorlights.com kit it’s pretty sick with the amber halo lights

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Nick is a dealer for fordraptorlights.com kit it’s pretty sick with the amber halo lights

6e192f7f15be531b7c7011b0e77d6346.jpg

Here’s the fordraptorlights.com bezel kit with the vision x Optimus amber halos

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Nick is a dealer for fordraptorlights.com kit it’s pretty sick with vision x Optimus amber halo lights

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

6e192f7f15be531b7c7011b0e77d6346.jpg

Here’s the fordraptorlights.com bezel kit with the vision x Optimus amber halos

5f8c0249d06943fcb748f69548a4c1b3.jpg

OP
OP

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score

You guys like the light output of the vision X stuff? How’s build quality? I’m an electrician by trade and very familiar with LED chips. 10w is a STRONG light. Just wondering how the chip is heat sinked/ heat sink pasted internally, and if they use Cree chips, if they are rebuildable.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Yes sir! We’re a dealer and have them in stock! I’ll send you a PM now with more info!

Amber halos? Also, since I’m a gluttonous pig, anyway to get 3 of these in the fog pocket opening [emoji48]

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys like the light output of the vision X stuff? How’s build quality? I’m an electrician by trade and very familiar with LED chips. 10w is a STRONG light. Just wondering how the chip is heat sinked/ heat sink pasted internally, and if they use Cree chips, if they are rebuildable.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Amber halos? Also, since I’m a gluttonous pig, anyway to get 3 of these in the fog pocket opening [emoji48]

They do look good, but the raw lumens are only slightly higher than the raw lumens of the Rigid Radiance Lights. So that is something to keep in mind. The fit, finish, and build quality are good though, but there are brighter options.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as housing vision x Optimus is my favorite light The housing is robust and the Optimus have the best cradle system out there. Unique in the way they can be adjusted — meaning they’re much more adjustable both in height and angle. The other lights need to be spaced for height adjustment visionx x Optimus can be moved up and down vertically on the bracket.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

There’s quite a few peeps using these lights or the regular Optimus hopefully they’ll chime in.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

You could, using the nfab bracket. The pics I posted are with the bezel kit and the 3rd light as a flex with amber cover.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I havn't heard much about Vision in about a year or so now. They were big on the scene when they first came out but I havn't heard much about them lately to be honest. Baja Designs and Rigid became THE go to brands for quality. Nothing wrong with Vision but just not as high quality.

You get 4,208 lumen total between the four lights.

Now take a single Squadron Pro from Baja Designs, which is 4,900 raw lumen EACH. So 2 pairs of Squadron Pros would put out a whopping 19,600 lumen

Even if you went with say the Squadron Sports, those are 1,800 lumen each... totalling 7,200 lumen

Soo you get a LOT more light. I'd recommend the Baja. I went with some Rigid on my truck to begin with, which is a great brand, BUT they couldn't even compare with the light output so what a world of difference upgrading to Baja was.

I've had the Squadron Sports on my truck about 2 years now and love them. I love the Pros even more since they put out a LOT more light.

If you want to save some cash, VisionX work well... but if you REALLY want a quality product and great light output... go with the Baja Designs.

If you are lookign for a fog light kit you have 2 options

Option #1 (well there are 3 options in here) are the Baja Designs Kits (includes wiring harness/bracket/3 pairs of lights): LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Option #2... If you want that OEM look then the FRL (Jeff's) kit compbined with Baja Designs lights is awesome as well. Gives you that great OEM look, they sit nice and flush/recessed a bit and you can pick/choose wihch Baja Designs lights you want: 2017 Ford Raptor Triple Fog Light Bezel Kit w/KC HiLITES Flex Lights - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very familiar with VisionX products. I have 4 light cannons and their XPR series on my truck. I have had their lights on my truck for over two years.

I would 100% pick the Optimus Halo over the Rigid Radiance pods hands down. I too believe the Rigid Radiance pods to be [emoji90]also.

I think the kit you posted would be great in your truck. Since they are mounted low in your bumper then I would select the 20 degree pattern or the 60 degree pattern. Not sure if that is an option with the "halo" but I know for sure it is on the standard Optimus.

VisionX makes some very good stuff.

If you are hesitate then try the new Rigid Dually "PRO" series. Just came out. However, I think you will like the Optimus series especially if you wire the "halo" into your turn signal.

Keep us posted.

Linehand

Reaction score

Union electrician?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk