Upfitter switches request for help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see the second set...

They are right across from the first set. Both are taped to the same wire loom :) I dropped both of mine for easier access. Just look for the same colored wires a couple inches away on the same loom the original was taped to!

OP
OP
D

DiSanto

Reaction score
Just as was said above, there are two bundles of wires. Each bundle has 6 wires color coded per the upfitter switch diagram. One bundle has powered wires from the switches. (These are what you connect to for auxilliary lighting). The other bundle runs back to cabin if you want to hook up a device inside truck. You will have to connect powered wire to the non powered wire to get power in cabin if needed.

So, to hook up led light to aux switch 1- very simple. Connect the RI black and red cables to the battery posts (pos and neg). Take the RI switch wires and use only the blue wire. Attach the blue wire to the Green and blue ford upfitter wire. (The powered one). The powered wires are to the left on my truck as looking from front.

Very easy. Make sure truck is on to check if working.

I wired the 30" rds and the hyperspot to auxiliary 1, with the pos and neg to batteries. Both harnesses came with built in relays. So I am only powering the relay with the upfitter switch.

For the two small lights, the RI harness only had a fuse, no relay. So I cut all that off, and just used the main wires. Both red wires to auxiliary 2, and both grounds to battery negative. The 15 amp upfitter switch powers these two lights.

Seems to work well.

Attachments

• IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5849.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5850.jpg
    IMG_5850.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. My RI wires are only red and black. All 3 switch wires for me.. hmm. One has black shrink wrap halfway down. I am going to assume that is the switch.

OP
OP
D

DiSanto

Reaction score
Weird. My RI wires are only red and black. All 3 switch wires for me.. hmm. One has black shrink wrap halfway down. I am going to assume that is the switch.

on the smaller lights I have there is no relay, only a fuse. These lights are as you state. I attached the wire with the shrink wrap to the upfitter switch wire, as it was the power. the other wire next to it is the ground. you have to ground the light. The remaining wires to the fuse and for the RI switch can be cut away.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a slide bar (like on Gen1) in the fuse box to make the Upfitter feed hot with ignition off?

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the upfitter wires in the engine bay easily but can't find them in the passenger footwall fuse compartment. Any hints or pics?

eca46f1a9828932018ab2e6601268235.jpg

Bundle of capped wires at the bottom of pic. I pulled them away from main bundle a bit so you could see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro