Upfitter switches request for help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Ok I guess me is stupid... I am trying to hook up my RI hyperspot pillar lights. On the relay harness it showed black is ground, blue is switch output to relay and red input power. Do I just connect one of this to upfiter wire and then the others to the battery. Thanks

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Called RI. they said cut everything off. Run red to upfiter. Red/blk to frame. I'm still getting nothing. What am I missing. Thanks again

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition has to be on for your upfitter to work. Make sure your switch is on.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Yeah truck is running. Just to be clear is there anything under dash that needs to be hooked up. The lights on the switches light up already of coarse. I hooked red to blue green upfitter and red/blk ground. No lights ???

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has the wiring diagram for the upfitter switches, it would probably answer all these questions. I know I'm still confused about the pass-through wires back by the cab fuse box.
If I could see the upfitter switches, fuses/relays, and wiring, I'd be all set.
Anybody have the diagram to share?

Last edited:

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Ok. I'm prob gonna save someone some time here. After a ton a calls today and everyone telling me the pass thru wire are hot I found this out. There are two sets of taped off wires under the hood 6 and 6 for a total of 12. I did not see the second set... Apparently you can connect the matching colors if you want to run something back inside the cab. I hooked up my pillars lights without wiring anything under the dash/glovebox.