Under-hood Wiring Junction ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we know that Ford has relocated the Auxiliary Switches in the Gen 2 and that in the Gen 1, new wiring had to be tied into the existing wiring harness behind the glove compartment which, by all reports, was a real pain in the ass.
Has anyone had a chance, or noted anything in the photos/videos, to give us an idea as to if Ford actually installed an easy to reach wiring junction box under the hood this time around ? Would sure make tying in after-market lighting a lot easier and cleaner.
For those here in the aftermarket business, if Ford didn't do it, a good quality, pre-wired junction box that could be cleanly mounted under the hood and easily tied into the existing Auxiliary Switch wiring harness, making further lighting upgrades almost drop-in-place would be a no-brainer product to develop and market. I'll let you know where to send my idea royalties ;)

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So we know that Ford has relocated the Auxiliary Switches in the Gen 2 and that in the Gen 1, new wiring had to be tied into the existing wiring harness behind the glove compartment which, by all reports, was a real pain in the ass.
Has anyone had a chance, or noted anything in the photos/videos, to give us an idea as to if Ford actually installed an easy to reach wiring junction box under the hood this time around ? Would sure make tying in after-market lighting a lot easier and cleaner.
For those here in the aftermarket business, if Ford didn't do it, a good quality, pre-wired junction box that could be cleanly mounted under the hood and easily tied into the existing Auxiliary Switch wiring harness, making further lighting upgrades almost drop-in-place would be a no-brainer product to develop and market. I'll let you know where to send my idea royalties ;)

Since @Addictive Desert Designs has had Gen 2s for a few months, maybe they can give us some input.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about keeping my lights from the 2010. not sure the light bar will work, but at least the lights.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a real pain in the ass, even on Super Duty's. Hopefully they leave the wires longer on the new ones. Bunch of jews over there leaving them so short with no room to work.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Wires were so short on my Super Duty that I spent about 2 hours one day making up some wire extensions for each pass through, got back there by the firewall, busted my knuckles a little, crimped them all on and heat shrunk them to finish. Now all my pass through wires extend out to almost the end of the driver side headlight. Made installing stuff later on really easy.

I plan to use weatherpack terminal connectors on the Raptor if Ford still decides to be dumb and cheap and not give us another foot of wire. Might want to give them a look if you haven't before. Simple to use, snap on, snap off. I don't think you'd really be able to get a soldering iron back there towards the firewall for a more permanent style extension, so if anyone has better ideas. Shoot em here.

Weather Pack Terminals Seals Connectors Splices | Weatherpack | Sealed Electrical Connection | Weather Pack – Components and Tools | Weather Pack System