Tech package tail light swap- ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82Kuba

Reaction score
So I didn't go for the tech package. I have lane assist on my S8 and its so ******* annoying on NY/NJ highways that I always keep it off. Same thing for the Blind spot detection. I hate things beeping and lighting up while I'm on the road so I wasn't going to pay $2k for something I would be shutting off.
However I like the all red tail lights over the non tech package ones. I'm not feeling that white **** running down the middle.

I saw a few for sale on eBay but noticed the connectors are different. Anyone have info on swapping out the tail lights ?

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try having the lens covers of your tails painted red and buffed out? Similar to when people smoke them.

I like my blind spot detection (doesn't beep, just flashes) and the bliss for the tails only beeps if a car is coming when you're backing up.

OP
OP
82Kuba

82Kuba

Reaction score
Try having the lens covers of your tails painted red and buffed out? Similar to when people smoke them.

I like my blind spot detection (doesn't beep, just flashes) and the bliss for the tails only beeps if a car is coming when you're backing up.

Yea I was thinking of painting it. Let's see.

Not a fan of anything that makes me less of a better driver I guess. In my Audi it beeps , bangs, flashes and tightens up the steering wheel while in lane assist.

I still put my hand on the head rest and look back when I parallel park.. even with a camera

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was thinking of painting it. Let's see.

Not a fan of anything that makes me less of a better driver I guess. In my Audi it beeps , bangs, flashes and tightens up the steering wheel while in lane assist.

I still put my hand on the head rest and look back when I parallel park.. even with a camera

I would try the painting or take it to a body shop to do. It's not expensive.

I do agree with your comment but safety features usually make you a better driver as long as you don't soley rely on them but in conjunction. I still use my mirrors and not the camera when backing up except for things I can't see. The truck it huge and benefits from certain things. The lane assist and adaptative cruise control are crap in my opinion.

OP
OP
82Kuba

82Kuba

Reaction score
I would try the painting or take it to a body shop to do. It's not expensive.

I do agree with your comment but safety features usually make you a better driver as long as you don't soley rely on them but in conjunction. I still use my mirrors and not the camera when backing up except for things I can't see. The truck it huge and benefits from certain things. The lane assist and adaptative cruise control are crap in my opinion.

I get what you're saying. I'm trading in my Rubicon when I pick up my Raptor and I've had a few close calls in with blind spots even with the huge mirrors. But I chalked it up to being used to relying on the S8 system so I shut it off in order to not get used to it. I got to admit Lane assist and adaptative cc in the Audi work pretty well. I've used it on long trips on i95 and was impressed. But the lane assist gets confused on the city highways especially around construction sites were the lines over lap. I figured that the Ford product wouldn't be better than Audi's.. sucks to hear you think it's crap but it does make me feel a bit better knowing I'm not missing out on anything. Good luck and thanks for the info