Running with only Parking lights during day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look around on here or google but there is a write up to wire the leds to the switches on the center console (upfitters). Then you leave the switch on because it only works with the truck on. flip the switch and forget about it. Always on!

Couldnt find anything on this? but seems like best option if you know where to tap into the harness.'

Anyone know anything bout this hookup?

re Wiring the DRL (not headlights) into an upfitter switch

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At $70 a piece, I try to run my LEDs as little as possible.

I'd be the first to take that apart if they died, LEDs are dirt cheap, wouldn't be hard to solder a replacement 30cent chip in after you get past the weather proofing

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

If I back feed one of the LEDs, I'll be able to tell how far that circuit flows (re parking lamps in the headlight bezels), I doubt I'd have to diode the feed from the up fitter as if they get turned on w the normal light switch, it will be at same potential and the upfitter cut would just be in parallel . Voltage is the same in parallel cuts.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have Schematics for GEN2 wiring?

I found a thread in GEN1 where they identified the connector and wire that feeds the Parking lamps, then wired the upfitter feed to that pin. That is how prev owners were able to get the Parking Lamps to illuminate without headlights during the day.

Does anyone have the wiring schematic for GEN2 to identify the parking lamp wire/connectors and Rear pking lamp wire /connector?

Once that is found, we can do this!

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into using Forscan to turn on the DRL for a US model. So far I have made changes to the various modules but have not been successful. I will let you know if I find something. It may require a wiring change, not sure. I have tried these changes using Forscan they did not work.

BCM 726-16-02 0101 0101 0049 DRL Cluster Control 1 enabled
BCM 726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx
BCM 726-50-01 108E
IPC 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx Daytime Lights option & Lane Keeping System ----------------------------------------present in Settings

By the way I do get an option to turn on DRLs via the steering wheel display.

Last edited:

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So for US trucks just to verify the only way to run the parking lights (amber only) is to do it manually each start up? I love the looks of them being on all the time with a black Raptor.

NWFreerider

Reaction score
I have a 2014 f150with the factory HID headlights. The dealer programmed the truck so the amber DRLs are on when the truck is in gear, which was standard for Canadian vehicles. When my Raptor shows up, I'm guessing they can so the same thing. It took the tech about 30 seconds with his programmer.

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 f150with the factory HID headlights. The dealer programmed the truck so the amber DRLs are on when the truck is in gear, which was standard for Canadian vehicles. When my Raptor shows up, I'm guessing they can so the same thing. It took the tech about 30 seconds with his programmer.
Let me know if that works. I don't think it will, because due to HID's having to warm up upon start-up, thats why they used the amber turn signals as DRL's. Now with instant on LED's, they use the headlights again as DRL. I tried at my dealer and they couldn't figure it out. I don't think anybody has yet.