Running with only Parking lights during day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I looked thru prev post and didn't see anything related to this? maybe I'm using wrong terminology?

I like the look of the grill marker lights on during the day, I see GEN1 always had them on? Is there a setting that we can make when lights are on AUTO, so just the Parking lights (grill markers included) are on then the headlights start working when its dark?

Right now, Id have to set the light switch to 1st position for this and it foesnt turn off when you lock your truck and walk away.

Thx

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I looked thru prev post and didn't see anything related to this? maybe I'm using wrong terminology?

I like the look of the grill marker lights on during the day, I see GEN1 always had them on? Is there a setting that we can make when lights are on AUTO, so just the Parking lights (grill markers included) are on then the headlights start working when its dark?

Right now, Id have to set the light switch to 1st position for this and it foesnt turn off when you lock your truck and walk away.

Thx

Would be a nice function... I was surprised to see them off during the day. If there is a way, I don't know it. If there is, that would be awesome.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i run 4 rigid cubes (bumper) and two in the cowl with yellow covers during the day, instead.

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look around on here or google but there is a write up to wire the leds to the switches on the center console (upfitters). Then you leave the switch on because it only works with the truck on. flip the switch and forget about it. Always on!

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look around on here or google but there is a write up to wire the leds to the switches on the center console (upfitters). Then you leave the switch on because it only works with the truck on. flip the switch and forget about it. Always on!

Perhaps on the Gen 1, but I haven't seen anything like this for the Gen 2 ...

Searched Gen 1 via google and came up with nothing as well ... Mind posting a link ? :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read thru the Sh*t storm rant about DRL lighting in Canada? What is DRL anyways??

Anyways, a few post indicated that lighting functions as well as horn beeps could be altered with a computer tie into the OEM mapping of the lighting / functioanl truck layout? Would be nice if someone started a FAQ on such for us under knowledged newbies. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Searched Gen 1 via google and came up with nothing as well ... Mind posting a link ? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

It is an assumed position/observation, as every Gen1 Ive seen in the states during daytime had the grill markers on? Everyone couldn't be turning their lights to park, just to drive during the day cause it looks cool? could they?

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read thru the Sh*t storm rant about DRL lighting in Canada? What is DRL anyways??

Anyways, a few post indicated that lighting functions as well as horn beeps could be altered with a computer tie into the OEM mapping of the lighting / functioanl truck layout? Would be nice if someone started a FAQ on such for us under knowledged newbies. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Searched Gen 1 via google and came up with nothing as well ... Mind posting a link ? :biggrin:

I started that thread about DRL in Canada, and yes, it was a Sh*t storm. What you are after is exactly what I am after. In Canada, I always have my headlights on no matter what setting they are on, DRL's take over. There are a few ways, but you need to go and get a program like ForScan to do so. Heres a link;I have all your DRL disable/enable answers, yes even for my Canadian friends. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

I have got ForScan, and the license, just trying to find a good scanner.

Heres a great ForScan thread.
FORScan - software to enable/disable features in your truck - Page 204 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

If i have any headway i will keep this thread posted.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! thx for the info...that is what forums are for :)

Have a good week!