Rigid Radiance Cubes w/N Fab bracket Install How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I got to finally install these the other day. There wasn't much direction out there so I figured I'd do a little write up to save people some time when they do theirs. Total time if you follow these instructions should be about 1 hour (non including wiring them up). Took me about two because I was figuring everything out and doing some trial and error.

Tools needed for install:
- Allen wrenches (7/64, 3/16)
- 1/2" or 13mm socket
- 1/2" or 13mm wrench
- 8mm socket

Rigid Cubes:
1. Start by using your allen wrench and removing the front plate of the Rigid Cubes so that you can rotate this 180 degrees. This will allow you to have the "Rigid" logo at the top of the light, versus being upside down.
2. Install the Rigid brackets that will mount to the N FAB bracket. I did these tight, but not too tight that I couldn't move them for adjustment. You can go back and tighten them after mounting.

fuZQuu.jpg

W3SPmz.jpg

N-Fab supplies some rough directions. Couple things I found that makes life a little easier:

1. Loosen the top bolt of the bumper brace. Do not remove, just loosen. This allows you to more easily fit their underlengthed bolt through everything so you can get the nut on. I emailed them regarding this bolt. It should be at least 1/4" longer imo because fully tight, the nut is barely threaded all the way on the bolt, and it is difficult to get all the way through. Also, by loosening the top bolt on the brace, you can move it out of the way which allows you to loosen/tighten the top nuts that secure the pods to the bracket easier.

2. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy yourself two bolts that are slightly longer than theirs. This would eliminate number one above. But you can make it happen without doing this.

3. When mounting the Cubes to the N FAB bracket, I'm sure there are a few different spots they can be placed as they can be adjusted in multiple ways, but this is how I mounted mine. Yes, it's easier to mount them on the bracket before mounting the bracket to the truck. And actually in the photo below, I ended up moving that bolt/light on the left, all the way to the left. You can still make minor adjustment once you have everything mounted though

tIhPOr.jpg

Once I had them all mounted up, I took it to a local shop and they wired everything up for about $125. They don't fit PERFECT due to the shape of the bumper cutout. You have to sacrifice blocking a portion of the right light, or the left light. But overall I'm happy with them

oQz0lh.jpg

xyw23y.jpg

Hope this helps somebody and feel free to ask any questions. I'd be happy to help. Sorry about the small pics. Photobucket is going out of business or something and not working correctly. Had to use imageshack and this is how they posted

Last edited:

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up! Got any night shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Rigid is not like BD in that they do not allow end user removal of the face plates. Doing so will VOID your rigid warranty.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Just a heads up. Rigid is not like BD in that they do not allow end user removal of the face plates. Doing so will VOID your rigid warranty.

Hopefully it won't come down to that. Took them off very carefully in a star-like pattern and went several times around for loosening. Same thing when tightening. Venders are selling the bracket with the cubes for this exact purpose so unless they expect us to be throwing them on upside down idk.

But thanks for adding that. Just in case people are worried about it and don't wanna take that very small risk. I don't see Rigid using that very poor excuse for not warranting they're cubes but who knows. They're about $70 a pop either way so not a huge deal to me to not have a getto upside down facing light

Last edited: