Rigid fog light bracket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a bracket a guy made on facebook.

"There is a bolt (13mm) at the top of the bumper joint. Remove it. That's where the tab goes. Place the bolt through the rounded end of the bracket and thread loose. Line up the middle hole and use a 1/4" stainless steel bolt, glass, lock washer and nut. Line up and through bolt with nut and washer facing wheel. Level bracket (I did use a hammer to tap the tabbed end up a bit on both sides) and tighten all bolts. Line up your lights and drill a hole for each bracket. Watch the middle light as the mounting bolt is there. Total cost is around $17.00"

j1AgxvP.jpg

vUg7pUG.jpg

AngDojO.jpg

b9IWfNg.jpg

v35t1Ey.jpg

TPmrWtL

OI7hc7o.jpg

4mbh9bT.jpg

Exactly what I was going to try. Glad to see it works a I have less trouble shooting now

TMAC3

Reaction score
These brackets are all for the Rigid Radiance Pods. According to the Rigid website, these are 3.0"x3.2"x3.2", and the Rigid D2's are the exact same size. Can anyone confirm that the D2's would have the same fitment with this bracket?

I like the D2's power (1760 lumens) more than the Radiance (900 lumens)

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a bracket a guy made on facebook.

"There is a bolt (13mm) at the top of the bumper joint. Remove it. That's where the tab goes. Place the bolt through the rounded end of the bracket and thread loose. Line up the middle hole and use a 1/4" stainless steel bolt, glass, lock washer and nut. Line up and through bolt with nut and washer facing wheel. Level bracket (I did use a hammer to tap the tabbed end up a bit on both sides) and tighten all bolts. Line up your lights and drill a hole for each bracket. Watch the middle light as the mounting bolt is there. Total cost is around $17.00"

j1AgxvP.jpg

vUg7pUG.jpg

AngDojO.jpg

b9IWfNg.jpg

v35t1Ey.jpg

TPmrWtL

OI7hc7o.jpg

4mbh9bT.jpg

Made these brackets today. Awesome! Cost me $12.00 at Home Depot. Perfect fit. The holes for this are in the perfect spot. So much better than Gen 1. <- (The placement of the holes for a home made bracket)
The diagram in the pics above is great as are the dimensions. Very easy to make. I used a grinder, a sawzall and a drill...that's it.
I mounted 2 Rigid duallys, not 3 and I think they fill the opening perfectly. Took pics, but they're always too big to post, so until I figure it out, I can't post pics. But $12.00 is a lot better than $100.00 or more.

So whoever made the drawing above, thanks for posting it!!

Last edited:

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made these brackets today. Awesome! Cost me $12.00 at Home Depot. Perfect fit. The holes for this are in the perfect spot. So much better than Gen 1.
The diagram in the pics above is great as are the dimensions. Very easy to make. I used a grinder, a sawzall and a drill...that's it.
I mounted 2 Rigid duallys, not 3 and I think they fill the opening perfectly. Took pics, but they're always too big to post, so until I figure it out, I can't post pics. But $12.00 is a lot better than $100.00 or more.

So whoever made the drawing above, thanks for posting it!!

What is that supposed to mean?

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that supposed to mean?

I mean the ability to make the bracket at home with minimal work. On my Gen 1, I bought the Rigid bracket because there wasn't a mocked up drawing like this one....and the placement of the holes on the bumper make this a better set up to use a home made bracket. I don't mean the truck is better....I had an 11, 12 and 13 Gen1...and would still have the 13 if I could afford both.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean the ability to make the bracket at home with minimal work. On my Gen 1, I bought the Rigid bracket because there wasn't a mocked up drawing like this one....and the placement of the holes on the bumper make this a better set up to use a home made bracket. I don't mean the truck is better....I had an 11, 12 and 13 Gen1...and would still have the 13 if I could afford both.

OK, now I understand, yeah the gen 1 one has that joggle that is hard to do in a home shop.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty basic bracket. Getting them installed tomorrow with 3 pairs of Rigid Radiance lights with Amber backlight. Bracket mounts in two holes above "fog" cutout in bumper.

I ordered the complete setup from Merles late April and it arrived with a bare metal bracket not the powder coated version shown in a earlier post. Works but disappointing. Will probably replace the mount with the fordraptorlights.com bezel when they become available.

Last edited: