Rigid Amber/White Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Rigid amber/white light bar? Can it be wired into the factory aux switches with the amber on 1 switch and white on another or do you need to use the 3 stage switch? I don't want white and amber to be on at the same time but I want to use the factory switches. I want to get one but won't if it can't be wired into the factory switches.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Rigid amber/white light bar? Can it be wired into the factory aux switches with the amber on 1 switch and white on another or do you need to use the 3 stage switch? I don't want white and amber to be on at the same time but I want to use the factory switches. I want to get one but won't if it can't be wired into the factory switches.

Hey there! Yes, it can easily be wired into the factory switches. You have two power leads and one ground wire. One power lead lights up the white row, the other power lead lights up the amber row. You can run them independently of each other as long as you wire each row to a separate upfitter switch.

Let me know if we can help get you setup!

-Nick

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nick. Not to hijack, but if you know where to wire up the ambers so they trigger with the other amber lights on the grill do tell. I'm in the same boat, but I'm thinking I'd like to have the ambers wired to the factory amber power leads and hook the illuminations into one of the aux switches.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Got mine done tonight. I went ahead and hooked the ambers into aux #6. Love the look and the lights are actually brighter than I was expecting (although I wasn't expecting much after reading some other reviews).

nlzfcn.jpg

6f8ro1.jpg

2n6i06o.jpg

That looks awesome!!! Nice work man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any. Hence you can take a pic from inside showing the road ahead with and without the fogs on? Like to see the output. I like the radiance look but at 900 linens it's far lower than most others.

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PMR...who did you purchase the lights from and who did the install? I want the same setup.

Thanks

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PMR...who did you purchase the lights from and who did the install? I want the same setup.

Thanks

Lights are easy to get online. They are Rigid Radience series lights. Purchased the lights only without the wiring harness. I did the install using the aluminum L beam method others have used.i wish I had taken some photos of the wiring. Here are the brackets.
wwmffc.jpg
The bracket lays pretty flush with the bumper and there happens to be two little holes conveniently located where you can use them to secure the bracket to the truck.
2mzw9ja.jpg
zx2xbk.jpg
the lights have 3 wires the spot light LED, the amber back light LEDs and the ground. I combined all 3 grounds and hooked tthem to a bolt by the bumper.
r7n7o6.jpg
Then I used this wire from amazon to run power for the amber and spot light wires. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T25NCC2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I combined the left and right LED and amber power wires and hooked the LEDs into the 20A aux 1 wire and the ambers on the 5a aux 5 wire.