RECON 264905 work for 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
Bought a set of these becasue they supposedly work on '18 Raptors and went to put them in and the LEDs have a pigtail with a spade lug (like a T10 lamp) connector.

Problem is the harness has a two pin connector going to a twist in receptacle and it will not work without cutting or splicing something to something else.

Anybody else have this problem?

if so what is the fix?

S.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's a RECON 264905? I know I could Google it but since you started a thread asking about it maybe you could tell those of us who don't know?

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a RECON 264905? I know I could Google it but since you started a thread asking about it maybe you could tell those of us who don't know?

I did google it. You would be better off just ordering the license plate kit from Apollo Optics, they are a supporting vendor. You have you choice of lumens for the bulbs. Looked for the post on them, but couldn't find it, but I was limited for time.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just swap out your existing halogen bulbs for your license plate bulbs... we have our own line of replacement LED bulbs, CrystaLux: LED Replacement Bulbs - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Not to throw any crap... But what is the big deal about making your license plate lights annoyingly bright? Is it a matching light thing?

Please no flames. It's a legit question. I'm curious... personally I'd rather have dimmer plate lights for mr. Lawman not brighter ones!

OP
OP
S

Schmagagled

Reaction score
Yeah it was more about matching the LEDs than anything else.

Like when I had a 2015 502A with factory LEDs, but it had halogen fogs that looked yellow by comparison to the headlights when they were on. Just didn't look right.

S.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I upgraded them. It gets rid of that ole halogen orangey look and gives you a pure white look. The bulbs are not that bright. Our brightest 194 bulbs are 100 lumen, whereas our brightest 921 bulbs (same T10 base but just longer) are 900 lumen. So you can see there is a big difference. We'd never really go above 100 lumen on the license plates since you don't need it. AND you are installing two bulbs.

We sell our XHP Series and G9 Series headlight/fog light bulbs and the biggest question/comment we get about Fords with OEM LED is "why didn't they put in LED fog lights" - probably cost to be honest, but that's why we sell so many of the H10 bulbs for the fogs.

Same with the other LEDs. Sure Ford gave you LED spot lights on the mirrors and LED taillights as an option but nope... let's give you regular halogen bulbs on the license plates... I don't get it.

They did the same on the non-raptor Trucks. SOME (a lot) 2015-2017 F150s have halogen bulbs in the 3rd brake light/cargo light. And those things get HOT and melt hte damn housing (which is why folks are upgrading those to LED). They DID come out with some trucks (Raptors of course) that had LED housings from the factory but there was no rhyme/reason as to WHICH trucks got 'em.