Raptor Middle Bumper Opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys im in the process of making a great light kit for you guys but need to know some information about the truck. The lower bumper middle opening, is there something that need that air flow from the mesh grill such as a cooler? Can anyone take pictures? I have the front bumper to create the kit but wanted to know if anything important is blocked. Thanks for your time and plan to keep making awesome products for you. M&R Automotive - MandR Automotive - Ford Raptor LED lights

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im in the process of making a great light kit for you guys but need to know some information about the truck. The lower bumper middle opening, is there something that need that air flow from the mesh grill such as a cooler? Can anyone take pictures? I have the front bumper to create the kit but wanted to know if anything important is blocked. Thanks for your time and plan to keep making awesome products for you. M&R Automotive - MandR Automotive - Ford Raptor LED lights

Yes ~ The intercooler is located directly behind that lower grill opening.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
however it doesnt need the entire opening as the factory front license plate mount goes there. So i you made a kit that still left room for some airflow im guessing it would be fine.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought for us in front plate states. Perhaps a light bracket using the existing license plate holes and an integrated plate holder. Something so the plate would be "near" stock location but could be removed for offloading and promote free flow to the IC? Light bar could be aligned with the botton of the main grill and top of bumper. Or maybe just looking good in my mind............ probably could only support 20-25 " max ?

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
The manual says to remove plate for offroading

true. however the manual also tells you when using the paddle shifters to shift every 6MPH so your in 10th gear by 60..haha not everything it says is rule of law. :)