New fordraptorlight.com fog light bezels coming soon I'm told

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I felt compelled to post about the new light kits and bezels for our fog pockets. I've been fortunate enough to be able to see some nearly finalized photos as well as some of the work that went into these. I'm excited. I've personally held off on installing fogs while I awaited this.

I had them on our gen 1 and in my opinion, and I think many others, just "finished the look"

These are a whole different ballgame. Some of you may have seen the email updates from them from time to time with drawings and graphics. They are awaiting the first batch from the powder coaters and should be ready to ship in a couple weeks, hopefully. They look so much better in photos with the actual bezel and lights.

So, here's my understanding of the kits. I have been following the 3 light kit only and have no idea, actually, how the 2 light kit looks. But I think most will opt for the 3 light version anyway, It's got 3 bays or cubbies, so to speak. The inner 2 cubbies will hold any 3" light you choose. Rigid, baja, kc, whomever. The outer cubby holds a smaller KC flex, or similar size light if there is another I'd that size. I know the bezel was designed around the Flex. I'm probably gonna run those on their own switch and the 2 inners on another. I haven't decided on what lights I'm using for the inners but I'm leaning to initially try the rigid radiance and get the benefit of the mathing amber. These will not be used off-road so I'm hoping the lower output of the 3 lights is sufficient for additional street lighting.

I've been told that the bezel is "stainless steel with abs paintable uv stable" inserts. I guess that means they shouldn't fade in the sun?

Pricing will be similar to the gen 1 kit. Plus whatever the kc flex's run. There have been a few delays but in keeping up with the process, one recent delay was a last minute add of a gasket to eliminate any rattling or other type noises and if I'm not mistaken, I think also to protect the bumper of marring from the plastic.

Long post, I know. Just wanted to say if anyone is still on the fence about fogs, this may help you make a decision. no idea on pricing specifics other than what I was told.

If I learn more or get permission to post a few sample pics I will update. I can also try to relay some questions if they don't respond themselves, but I imagine they are also on FRF. Dunno. I am not part of the company at all, just been waiting since I got the truck and having seen sample pics, I know we are close.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for this design also. I have been getting their updates. The photo they have been showing is a fake mock up. Can not wait to see the real one. I like the baja design also.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preview for the FRF crew

Here ya go -- here's some pics. These are a sample and are rattle can painted not powder coated - we expect to get the finished product from the powder coater this week. The inserts are samples as well the real deal are black. Installed in the bezel are rigid duallys with a KC HiLites Flex.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 397
OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks. I Can envision in my head and assume that in person, the finished product, powder coated professionally etc will have a depth to them that we aren't seeing in the picture. As if it just fits right with the rest of the lines of the truck?

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now THIS looks very integrated, OEM, finished/polished.

Getting a set for sure.

Also,

Jeff said they are working on a kit for the center of the bumper too that will also adhere to the same level as their pocket fog offering as seen in the previous post above!

CAN NOT WAIT !!!!!

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think this looks better than the M&R lights or you just like it because you can use cubes? Seems like if you want factory look the M&R are the best option.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think this looks better than the M&R lights or you just like it because you can use cubes? Seems like if you want factory look the M&R are the best option.

Interesting, I stayed away from M&R because I did not think it looked factory to me. I don't like the round lights with the aggressive edges of the front bumper. From the initial pictures, I think I like this option the best so far.

Last edited:

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I stayed away from M&R because I did not think it looked factory to me. I don't like the round lights with the aggressive edges of the front bumper. From the initial pictures, I think I like this option the best so far.

My thoughts exactly.

IMO this kit provides the cleanest, finished, OEM look of any pocket fog kit currently available.

These are definitely on my list as well as Jeff's bumper insert once he has that available too.

Everything to date has looked "foreign", or tacked on to me.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know he had a bumper insert coming. Another line item on the to do list.