Need some help wiring 3 radiance cubes and flasher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pankster

Reaction score
Hey guys I would appreciate a little help with the wiring project I plan on doing myself. I've wired up sing sets of cubes or a light bar here or there but nothing this complex. I want to install 3 sets of rigid radiance cubes in the fog light area. I would like the 2 inner lights to be on 1 switch and the outside light to be on a switch by itself. Now the radiance has the amber color and white light, how would I wire this setup? How many switches will I take up? If I want to install a flasher, how many do I need? Also I purchased 2 of the radiance harnesses, that should be all I need right? Thanks

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same install with the ridgid radiance w/out the flasher and I didn't purchase the harness either. The up lifter switches already have fuses. So coming out of the fogs are 3 wires (white/red/black). White is for the amber backlight. You can tie each one of those together, I put the 3 whites on the passenger together and 3 whites on the drivers side together. I ran each side off of the marker light on the fender flare on the front of the truck. You can get to it threw the wheel well, 2 screws and pull back the liner. You want to tap into the yellow wire coming off the back of the marker light. Black wire I tied all 3 togeather on each side and grounded it to the frame. Red wire, since you want the 2 inside cubes and 4 outside cubes wired to there own switch, run the red wire off of the 2 inside cubes to the green/blue wire (Switch1). Tie the red wire coming off the 2 outside cubes togeather and run that wire to the gray/yellow (switch2). The Aux power circuits are found as blunt cut sealed wires located by the power distribution box on the passenger side. Hope I help, good luck. It isn't hard at all once you get into it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170611-121048.jpg
    Screenshot_20170611-121048.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 114

Zodiac1281

Reaction score
Did you have to get extra wire or was it enough wire out of the box. I plan on doing the same wiring. My cubes and bracket are installed. I just need to wire them up.

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
Hey guys I would appreciate a little help with the wiring project I plan on doing myself. I've wired up sing sets of cubes or a light bar here or there but nothing this complex. I want to install 3 sets of rigid radiance cubes in the fog light area. I would like the 2 inner lights to be on 1 switch and the outside light to be on a switch by itself. Now the radiance has the amber color and white light, how would I wire this setup? How many switches will I take up? If I want to install a flasher, how many do I need? Also I purchased 2 of the radiance harnesses, that should be all I need right? Thanks

It CAN be done with up fitter switches and the Rigid or Sho-me flasher type unit but there are better options. If you use this type of flasher and want constant on in addition to flashing it will consume 3 switches. Switch 1 will be constant on, switch 2 will be strobe and switch 3 will be strobe mode. You can wire it by using simple T split and diodes that prevent switch competition OR a DPDT relay (which will energize the flasher with ignition shortening flasher life) or 5 pin relay but you would have to find input side of the up fitter switch. None of those options are"clean".

What is a cleaner install is using a device like Wicked Warnings' universal park flash unit- this will still consume 3 switches but it's a dual relay set up that won't burn out your flasher over time and I think that unit has 25+ flashing modes. It is what some of our volunteer county EMS vehicles use. Another option is the Atomic LED flasher but the wiring is more complex.

the Rigid and Sho-me flashers really aren't designed with constant on and up fitter switches in mind.

EDIT: I received several PM's on this- YES, you can use two SPDT switches wired together instead of a DPDT relay- infact this may be cheaper/easier to find 2 waterproof SPDT switches than a single DPDT. If none of this makes sense let someone else do it or use a commercial solution like the Wicked warnings module (I have no affiliation with Wicked warnings, just know it works.)

Last edited:

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I paid $125 to get them all wired up with the flasher module and all