Need advice on lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He was talking about the BD kit... the FRL kit (Jeff, aka sal313) makes em is 2 switches as he said.

If you want the factory look go with the FRL kit which, as stated already includes a pair of KC HiLITES. You can pick any other lights for the 2nd/3rd pair. I recommend Baja Designs for hte 2nd/3rd pairs.

Or if you want that open/agressive look, the Baja Designs kits are the way to go (I like the open/agressive look as my entire truck is all agressive looking).

Either way you get great lights and great mounting.

Shoot me a PM when you are ready we sell both the Baja Designs kits and the FRL kits.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 switches actually Smoke... you COULD wire them to 2 switches but you normally would put each of the 3 pairs of lights on their own switch

Not unless you purchase the additional long section harness ( the one that hooks to the upfitters wire) separately.

My kit only came with 2

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like Smurf said, it all depends on your budget. I was new to offroad lights as well and went with Baja Designs all around and am VERY happy.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How long ago did you buy your lights??? From what I know they should have 3 separate connections for the 3 pairs. One for each of 3 upfitters...

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smoke you have the Baja Designs Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited Fog Kit?

Unlimited,
Set mine up with a pair of squadron pro's w/amber lens on upfitter #2 and the racer & s2 on a relay main powered off upfitter #1 with a trigger coming off of my high beams....
I was just trying to clarify for the op regarding what you can do with what was provided in the kit. (At least the one I got. )
Anyway.. not trying to ramble

But... I wouldn't run them on three different switches anyway......

https://imgur.com/SL6g4ex

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

How long ago did you buy your lights??? From what I know they should have 3 separate connections for the 3 pairs. One for each of 3 upfitters...

I'd say somewhere around June... maybe May

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Maybe Bailey could chime in?

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He was talking about the BD kit... the FRL kit (Jeff, aka sal313) makes em is 2 switches as he said.

If you want the factory look go with the FRL kit which, as stated already includes a pair of KC HiLITES. You can pick any other lights for the 2nd/3rd pair. I recommend Baja Designs for hte 2nd/3rd pairs.

Or if you want that open/agressive look, the Baja Designs kits are the way to go (I like the open/agressive look as my entire truck is all agressive looking).

Either way you get great lights and great mounting.

Shoot me a PM when you are ready we sell both the Baja Designs kits and the FRL kits.

FWIW, I like the FRL Bezel but I'm not going to go with it because I can get a lot more light from the Baja Designs S2 lights instead of the KC Flex lights. And if I don't spend money on the Bezel I can spend it on lights which is the goal of this purchase :biggrin:

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not unless you purchase the additional long section harness ( the one that hooks to the upfitters wire) separately.

My kit only came with 2

Smoke you have the Baja Designs Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited Fog Kit?

Unlimited

Unlimited,
Set mine up with a pair of squadron pro's w/amber lens on upfitter #2 and the racer & s2 on a relay main powered off upfitter #1 with a trigger coming off of my high beams....
I was just trying to clarify for the op regarding what you can do with what was provided in the kit. (At least the one I got. )
Anyway.. not trying to ramble

But... I wouldn't run them on three different switches anyway......

https://imgur.com/SL6g4ex

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I'd say somewhere around June... maybe May

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Maybe Bailey could chime in?

Hey Everyone!

Bailey here with Baja Designs. Happy to answer your questions regarding our Fog Pocket Kit for these Gen 2 Raptors. Our Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited Fog Pocket Kits include wiring for QTY:2 Upfitter Switches. This kit is designed to have the QTY: 4 Squadron Series lights to come on 1 switch and the QTY:2 S2 Series Lights to come on with a 2nd switch.

IF you want to utilize 3 switches instead of 2 you will need the following:
Squadron/S2 Upfitter Harness
Squadron/S2 55" Splitter

We have more information regarding our Gen 2 Raptor Kits here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/baja-designs-general-discussion-thread-gen-2-a-51960/

Don't hesitate to Post Up, PM, Email ([email protected]), or Call (800)422-5292x114 if you have any questions

-Bailey, Baja Designs

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Bailey here with Baja Designs. Happy to answer your questions regarding our Fog Pocket Kit for these Gen 2 Raptors. Our Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited Fog Pocket Kits include wiring for QTY:2 Upfitter Switches. This kit is designed to have the QTY: 4 Squadron Series lights to come on 1 switch and the QTY:2 S2 Series Lights to come on with a 2nd switch.

IF you want to utilize 3 switches instead of 2 you will need the following:
Squadron/S2 Upfitter Harness
Squadron/S2 55" Splitter

We have more information regarding our Gen 2 Raptor Kits here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/baja-designs-general-discussion-thread-gen-2-a-51960/

Don't hesitate to Post Up, PM, Email ([email protected]), or Call (800)422-5292x114 if you have any questions

-Bailey, Baja Designs

Thank you sir....