Mounting a 30" light bar - suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What have you guys been doing to mount light bars to the grill/bumper? I don't want it inside the grill, I want the light bar to be visible.

I thought about drilling on top of the bumper and having the bar on top it it, as this wouldn't mess with lines of the truck as much either. However.. I'd like to prevent unnecessary drilling and possible corrosion with the metal exposure.

Anyone know if there is a mount that extends from the inside the grille to the outside or any other options? I see gen1 stuff but I don't know what would be interchangable.

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a.) Drill the bar mounts straight into your bumper...

b.) Wait for the aftermarket...

c.) Buy Foutz's scrap metal for $900...

I'd recommend option A, purely for comedic value...

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a.) Drill the bar mounts straight into your bumper...

b.) Wait for the aftermarket...

c.) Buy Foutz's scrap metal for $900...

I'd recommend option A, purely for comedic value...

Hence why I am asking, if anyone knew about an after market product yet as I have seen photos of this already done.

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hence why I am asking, if anyone knew about an after market product yet as I have seen photos of this already done.

Well god bless the guy that took those L brackets and drilled em straight into his bumper... He needs it...

Again, only thing I think anyone's seen is Foutz's wallet ****...

If you're dead set on having them exposed wait till someone copies Foutz's design...

Or better yet wait till Cory adapts the trophy - http://www.instagram.com/p/BKMZbE4ANI5/

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well god bless the guy that took those L brackets and drilled em straight into his bumper... He needs it...

Again, only thing I think anyone's seen is Foutz's wallet ****...

If you're dead set on having them exposed wait till someone copies Foutz's design...

Or better yet wait till Cory adapts the trophy - http://www.instagram.com/p/BKMZbE4ANI5/

Wow... 860 for that!? Sheesh. Well, that style is out of the question for me since I am required to have a front plate.... although I still haven't exactly decided how I want to mount a plate as I dislike the stock location.

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow... 860 for that!? Sheesh. Well, that style is out of the question for me since I am required to have a front plate.... although I still haven't exactly decided how I want to mount a plate as I dislike the stock location.

Foutz's bar is 860... The RPG bumper is like 1200 or 1300... A steal compared to ADD...

Best looking bumper IMO, people in front plate states have gotten away with making a sticker of their plate and putting it right on the skid...

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foutz's bar is 860... The RPG bumper is like 1200 or 1300... A steal compared to ADD...

Best looking bumper IMO, people in front plate states have gotten away with making a sticker of their plate and putting it right on the skid...

Yea I don't want to replace the bumper... yet anyway. I think the lines look sharp.

I've thought around putting my plate on the Skid, that's how I had my old rig set up but that was an aftermarket bumper with a much more aggressive bash plate angle. Stock raptor I don't think I could get away with it, wish I could.