Luminix edge (v2.0) and Luminix (v1.0)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$300? No that's not right. Putco brackets start at $41.79 and go up to $54.99 MSRP

$41.79 ($37.99 from any dealer) for the bracket which fits a 50" Curved Luminix bar on the 2015-2017 F150s

And the Curved bars range in price. The 30" has a price of $944.99 MSRP ($793.99 from any dealer)
The 40" Curved bar is $1,292.99 retail ($1,085.99 from any dealer)
The 50" Curved bar is $1,501.99 retail ($1,261.99 from any dealer)

Compare that to Baja Designs

30" OnX6 Arc is $1,299.95 MSRP ($1,169.96 from any dealer)
40" OnX6 Arc is $1,699.95 MSRP ($1,529.96 from any dealer)
50" OnX6 Arc is $1,999.95 MSRP ($1,799.96 from any dealer)

So yuo see you pay a little more (around $500 more) for Baja Designs

So that's some comparisons.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John's kit (bracket) referenced here is a custom mount kit for the 2017 Raptor not a factory Putco kit. You have to remove the grill but makes it so the bar can not be easily removed by a crook and looks as close to OEM as you can get for a light bar. I found him competitive on the bar but he sells the mounting kit separately for way less than $300 if you want to shop lowest price on the bar or buy from site sponsor. I hope to get some night shots tomorrow.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ohh gotcha. Yeah I know John. I talked to him a month ago about his switches/lightbar bracket. I saw some videos he had posted on youtube and reached out to him. He was supposed to send me some sample switches to check out and put up on our site for sale... guess he forgot about us lol. John, if you're still out there, whatever happened to those samples you were going to send off?

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I actually did a couple more video's.

This one will show the throw in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiO7mhdsXs&t=13s

The Driving portion showing the throw is at 3:43

And again, you can go to specialtyperformanceparts.com and get them. The code should still work for the $100 off. Also keep in mind, this is a complete system. The only thing not custom manufactured is the bar itself. The brackets, Wire Harnesses, etc are... So watch the video, and use the "raptorforum100" code for the discount.

In Fact, for the Forum Guys here, I modified that code to be 10% off (Which is more than $100 on that light bar Kit) but it also will work for ANYTHING else in that store! So if you need other lights, The Custom Switch panel, etc, you can use that as well. SpecialtyPerformanceParts.com

Helpin out the Forum Guys! ;-)

John

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I actually did a couple more video's.

This one will show the throw in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiO7mhdsXs&t=13s

The Driving portion showing the throw is at 3:43

And again, you can go to specialtyperformanceparts.com and get them. The code should still work for the $100 off. Also keep in mind, this is a complete system. The only thing not custom manufactured is the bar itself. The brackets, Wire Harnesses, etc are... So watch the video, and use the "raptorforum100" code for the discount.

In Fact, for the Forum Guys here, I modified that code to be 10% off (Which is more than $100 on that light bar Kit) but it also will work for ANYTHING else in that store! So if you need other lights, The Custom Switch panel, etc, you can use that as well. SpecialtyPerformanceParts.com

Helpin out the Forum Guys! ;-)

John

You should look at becoming a supporting vendor like the rest of us vendors... kinda the rules.. you are 3 posts in so you may not know the rules but yeah... gotta be a vendor to advertise

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to chime in as I've sold a few of these to some guys on another forum. They were not bad products, but expensive for the amount of light they throw. What is great is what everybody sees, it's a very slim bar that kind of FITS in that little spot between the bottom of the bumper and the grille. But don't forget it's a single row LED bar using your traditional LED bulbs.

So it'll do a good job lighting up the road HOWEVER there are better options out there if you want MORE light (but none that I've found that are AS SLIM, Baja comes close but they still have a thicker light).

It's a nice slim bar that fits really nice above the bumper and curves nice to follow the contours... again I've had mixed reviews on it. Nothing bad where people said "THIS IS JUNK" more like "i was expecting more light" but for the most part the customers of mine who have bought this ARE happy with the purchase, because they bought it for a reason. They DID NOT want a HUGE light bar and wanted something that blended in nicely.

Hopefully that helps anybody on the fence about this. If you want a light bar that blends in and almost DISAPPEARS it's a great bar. IF you want a LOT of usable light, there are better options.

Either way if anybody wants a price on the Putco (or any other products) shoot me a PM.

Are the baja designs S8 light bars much brighter? I looked on their site and their 40" says 16000 lumens vs 15,600 lumens for the Putco so it seems as they are quite close.

When mounting on the bumper, under the grill, will the luminix or the S8 block any of the view from the front camera?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the baja designs S8 light bars much brighter? I looked on their site and their 40" says 16000 lumens vs 15,600 lumens for the Putco so it seems as they are quite close.

When mounting on the bumper, under the grill, will the luminix or the S8 block any of the view from the front camera?

The luminex didn’t block anything and actually looks ..factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk