Luminix edge (v2.0) and Luminix (v1.0)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
At just 3/4 inch thick and 1.5 inches tall Im surprised no one has stacked a bunch of these behind grill or bolted to top surface of the bumper---any pics out there?
Any experience with these anodized aluminum black curved lights?

Attachments

• edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 120
  • putco.jpeg
    putco.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 99

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do look nice. Did they include mounting brackets? Any drilling in or cutting of the grill? That Putco tailgate light looks pretty good for the price too. Thanks for the info.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks good, but I'm not sure the brackets are worth $300+

The curved Luminix bar can be had around $800 at most places.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm John Trischler. I'm the one who designed the special mounting system and install kit for the new Raptor with the putco luminix light bar kit for the raptor.

So OBXRAPTOR17 contacted me through the eBay link and asked about the kit when one of you posted the link.

So, I can clarify a few things and hopefully it will make more sense.

On the pricing, PUTCO has a MAP price (minimum advertised price policy) on the 40" curved light bar at $1,033 (but it actually just went up to $1,085) for the light bar alone.
So the pricing I had for it was $1,033 plus $150 for the full install kit for a total of $1,183.
So the install kit isn't $300 and it isn't just brackets (I'll be more detailed below)

Sometimes you may find a lesser price than the $1,033 or now $1,085, but they aren't authorized dealers and they may or may not be able to transfer putco's 3 year warranty which is included on the light bar itself. Another thing I have seen is, dealers advertising the entire model line of Putco light bars in smaller sizes, flat and curved and they show the lowest price of the smallest cheapest bar and when you go to add it to cart, you select from a drop down the size and model and the $1,033 price comes up. So it can be confusing sometimes.
The manufactures have map pricing to retain their products value and are usually stern on voiding warranties to non authorized sellers buying bulk and advertising for less.
So, all that said, let's get into the details of the actual install kit. The kit is not just a pair of brackets. However, the brackets are professionally manufactured and design patented pending for this specific application. The brackets are designed by me in cad, and plasma cut and powder coated.
The kit contains both front specific L-brackets, back plate brackets, 1 &1/2" foam gasket for back of bar, ABS honeycomb snap in inserts to retain the bolts and brackets, custom jumper harness with duesch connectors, custom precut plug and play wire harness to ground and switch panel wire, push pin zip ties for harness grill retention and all other stainless steel hardware, elevator bolts, locking nuts, and fender washers.
In fact, if we break down what the specific hardware costs me wholesale, the 4 brackets that are plasma cut and powdercoated are $40 a set (4 pieces... remember, if I ordered 10,000 at a time, they'd be cheaper...) then the stainless elevator bolts that are flat to secure the bar flat to the grill are $8 each.. there are 4... that's $32. Then you have the locking stainless nuts, and fender washers. Let's call that $2. And then you have the ABS honeycomb inserts (I print those.) let's call them $2. Then you have the wire harness and jumper harnesses. The auto grade duesch connectors and pins are about $4 per set. There are 3 of them used with the harnesses. That's $12, plus the wire. So if we add those items up individually, your at $88 that it costs me to make the kit plus time and design time. That's where the $150 for the kit portion comes from.
Both the grill and the insert are an abs plastic blend. Abs is resistant to warpage and cracking because it is semi flexible and very heat resistant. It will not crack the grill. In addition, the entire bar is a lightweight aluminum. In addition to weight, it also cools itself quickly. That's why it's so slim.
The abs foam gasket keeps the metal bar and brackets from touching the plastic grill so there are no marks should you ever remove it.
With the abs inserts, custom manufactured brackets, and lock nuts, the bar will not shift, move, shake, rub or damage anything.
This is the only kit designed with zero modification to your truck. No drilling, no cutting.
When I designed the install kit from the ground up.
There have been some questions on the "Edge" vs the "luminix" models. I designed the kit on the Luminix. However, if the curve is the same and the mounting points on the Edge are the same, it should also work.
The main difference I see in the "edge" is that it has I believe a 6 degree angle of light, vs 15 degrees. That means it is more of a "spot" light vs a "spot/flood" the luminix puts out 15,600 lumens and has a 3 year warranty. I believe the edge does as well. So the main difference I see is the angle. But again, I will be getting some edge bars in too and as long as they fit the same, I will add that kit as well.

So, all that said, what I will do is make a special coupon code for my parts site where you can go and buy the full kit and whoever uses the code can get an additional $100 off. This is for you raptor forum guys! Lol
Let's use code "raptorforum100" but it may be an hour or two until it is live.

The parts site is
Specialtyperformanceparts.com

My youtube channel where you can see a video demo of the kit and the install video (which I have much simplified and will ultimately repost soon)
Is youtube.com/jtrischler

I only have about 8 mount kits left until my next batch comes in in around 30 days, so supplies are limited if you want one. I'd encourage you to do it soon. Also, mark that parts site. I am getting ready to launch a bunch of cool stuff and there will be some really cool stuff coming out. Ground breaking!

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with any questions!

Last edited: