Lighting Relay setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duke92

Reaction score
I wanted to share how I setup the relays for my front lights. I installed fordraptorlighting.com bezel kit with KC spot outside and 2 pair of Baja Design squadron pros in the bumper and the OnX6 Hi-power light bar behind the lower grill.

I used 3 weather proof relays to control these lights. The relays were located on the engine compartment bulkhead bedside the upfitter wires. The light bar is powered by Upfitter #1 and tied into the high beams. The Squadron pros are powered by Upfitter #2 and also tied into the high beams. The KC spots are powered by Upfitter #3 and tied into the parking lights.

I found the easiest place to splice into the parking lights was the right front marker light inside the fender. I spliced into the highbeam just behind the right headlight light housing.

I can run the KC lights either with parking lights on or with low beams. All the lights can be on when highbeams are active (off road or occasionally on rural roadways). All lights activate when pulling the turn-signal stalk (flash high beam).

I hope this is helpful for those deciding how to wire up your lights.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1929.jpg
    IMG_1929.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 70

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you splice directly into the high beam wire? I’m running the dual M&R lights behind the grill and the raptorlights kit as well and spliced them into the high beams, but I bought the connectors for the headlight and created my own plug in harness that goes between the factory harness and the headlight housing. Then I spliced into my custom harness high beam wire.

That ensures I can go back to stock any time. I have the info posted in a thread here somewhere, but will have to dig it up.

Nice setup and write up. Enjoy the lights!

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s cool I like how you turn everything on with the high beams. Curious do you have a link for those relays. I’m trying plan out my lighting situation as well.

OP
OP
D

duke92

Reaction score
Did you splice directly into the high beam wire?

I used a crimp splice on the high beam wire to connect to the relay. Also easy to return to stock.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

That’s cool I like how you turn everything on with the high beams. Curious do you have a link for those relays. I’m trying plan out my lighting situation as well.

I embedded the link in the word "relay" in the original post. Cheers!

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score