Lightbar thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read most of the light quality is based on the LED used. Most bars I've looked at have CREE LEDs, some Osram, but the question is what version (wattage, basic, XTe....). Looks like there is a big difference between actual LEDs. I wish each brand would publish usable lumen ratings. With the huge price variation amongst bars it would be nice to know what you're actually getting. Why are the US made bars 3x the cost if both contain CREE LEDS, both have same IP67/68 waterproof rating, both have aluminum housing? I truly prefer American made, but where is an extra $800-1000 accounted for?

This is false.
My cheap Chinese bars use Crees.
I would gladly bet you any of the high end brands (Rigid, Baja Designs, VisionX) would crush my lights as far output, longevity/toughness/durability, and reach. Any amount you want to bet, I'll take that bet.

It's easy to make an LED. The real science comes into directing the light from said LED. That's where your money is spent.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is false.
My cheap Chinese bars use Crees.
I would gladly bet you any of the high end brands (Rigid, Baja Designs, VisionX) would crush my lights as far output, longevity/toughness/durability, and reach. Any amount you want to bet, I'll take that bet.

It's easy to make an LED. The real science comes into directing the light from said LED. That's where your money is spent.

Please remember not all CREE chips are made equal and there is a huge market for fake CREE chips.