GEN 2 Light bar blew my Aux 1 fuse??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know everyone just got done telling you that running a relay isn’t that hard and the truth be told, if you follow pretty basic, easily available internet search / youtube guides, you’ll get the idea, but the questions you’re asking don’t lend me to want to provide you self help that may end up in an electrical fire.

Light installation / wiring is not hard or time consuming for a shop to do. I’d recommend patronizing your local offload shop for this project.

OP
OP
ElRaptor

ElRaptor

Reaction score
I know everyone just got done telling you that running a relay isn’t that hard and the truth be told, if you follow pretty basic, easily available internet search / youtube guides, you’ll get the idea, but the questions you’re asking don’t lend me to want to provide you self help that may end up in an electrical fire.

Light installation / wiring is not hard or time consuming for a shop to do. I’d recommend patronizing your local offload shop for this project.

Haha relax turbo. I need to replace the damn fuse before anything else.

Additionally, a shop wanted $150+ to wire the lightbar itself at it took me all of 30 minutes to do myself.
I've just never ran a relay before and I was seeking a "step by step" guide on how to do it. I'm sure i'll figure it out.

But thanks for chiming in lol

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha relax turbo. I need to replace the damn fuse before anything else.

Additionally, a shop wanted $150+ to wire the lightbar itself at it took me all of 30 minutes to do myself.
I've just never ran a relay before and I was seeking a "step by step" guide on how to do it. I'm sure i'll figure it out.

But thanks for chiming in lol

You spent 30 minutes to do it yourself and now having problems with it. After spending $70k for the truck, I'd rather spend $150 and know it was done right.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@smurfslayer

Yeah, relax turbo.... :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Does anyone know where I can purchase these 15 amp fuses from other than the dealer? Perhaps a part number?

It’s the fuse that goes to the Aux 1 switch.

They are case fuses, there are a few variants, go to the dealer.

OP
OP
ElRaptor

ElRaptor

Reaction score
You spent 30 minutes to do it yourself and now having problems with it. After spending $70k for the truck, I'd rather spend $150 and know it was done right.

I won’t say I’m having problems with it. More like it popped the fuse once and hasn’t done it since. 169w @ 12v 40” light bar = 14.0x amps. Replaced the fuse and it hasn’t done it since :)

Don’t be so emotional lol.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

@smurfslayer

Yeah, relax turbo.... :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

They are case fuses, there are a few variants, go to the dealer.

Yea it’s what I ended up doing. Thanks man!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won’t say I’m having problems with it. More like it popped the fuse once and hasn’t done it since. 169w @ 12v 40” light bar = 14.0x amps. Replaced the fuse and it hasn’t done it since :)

Don’t be so emotional lol.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Yea it’s what I ended up doing. Thanks man!

Running at 14 amp, it's probably pulling the full 15 when it turns on.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue, so Ford put a 15amp fuse in the aux 1 slot, your light bar needs a 30 amp fuse just put one of those in and it fixes it.

If you like watching your vehicle burn on the side of the road, this is an excellent idea, otherwise adding a relay and additional wiring to/from battery of appropriate size for the current load is the ONLY correct answer.