LED light bar behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder if a 30" rigid radiance would work

Sure isn't as much room to work with back there as there was in the Gen 1. Maybe Rigid will come up with a way to mount their lights back there. I have a 30 and 40 inch E Series from my Gen 1 that I took off...gotta find somewhere for them to mount...hopefully they'll make a mount for their dually in the Gen 2 bumper cutouts as well....

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure isn't as much room to work with back there as there was in the Gen 1. Maybe Rigid will come up with a way to mount their lights back there. I have a 30 and 40 inch E Series from my Gen 1 that I took off...gotta find somewhere for them to mount...hopefully they'll make a mount for their dually in the Gen 2 bumper cutouts as well....

I saw someone fit a 20" no problem in the top of the grill... maybe some modoing will allow a fit of the 30". I might just shave down the back of the Radiance a little if I need to.

There is already a mount made to fit 3 duallys in the bumper cutouts, and a few others have had local fabricators fit 3 as well. I plan on making my own for them, definitely easy enough with the pictures I have seen of fabricated mounts.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept the Rigid LED off my 1st gen raptor and installed it behind my grill today. I had to fab up the brackets and shave off a few colling fins off the back of the light . I doubt i will have a overheating problem, as i don't use it all that often. It doesn't touch the shutters at all. There is actually a lot of room in-between the grill and the shutters if you get creative..

How hard was it to remove and separate the grill? Waiting on lights and haven't really looked yet. Lots of room in there though. Plan on mounting lights in there as soon as they come in. Need the lights/siren for fire/wreck calls but want them as hidden as possible when not running. Thanks for the pics. At least I know it will come apart.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I assume with all the light talk, no one has any state law issues with lights being covered? Pa. state law for inspection has lights other than factory have to be covered. Do they make covers for 40" bar?

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume with all the light talk, no one has any state law issues with lights being covered? Pa. state law for inspection has lights other than factory have to be covered. Do they make covers for 40" bar?

Yes they do, but good luck behind the grill on the gen 2, wouldn't be easily accessible.

rbh224

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're looking for a bolt-in solution, we're got our pre-order list up and running. This kit allows you to fit a 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar behind your grille.

Here's a shot of what the light looks like installed:
31582606923_af2b541657_k.jpg
32270249471_5b9af5b8d5_k.jpg

Pricing for the kits should be available soon. If you have questions or would like to get on the pre-order list, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Will they be making kits for the OnX6? Also with this S8 mount is there an option to mount it at the bottom of the grill under the FORD sign?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will they be making kits for the OnX6? Also with this S8 mount is there an option to mount it at the bottom of the grill under the FORD sign?

Unfortunately, the OnX6 will not fit there with the grille shutters. The dimensions of the OnX6 are just too big to make it work. Fortunately, the S8 is able to clear it.

I'm not sure if it will fit underneath the FORD logo, at this time. We have not had a chance to see the kits in person or install them yet. I know that the Baja Designs kit is completely bolt-in so it may line up to exact holes in that location. However, if you're okay with drilling a new pair of holes in the grille supports, you may be able to make it work.

Again, I have not seen how these kits install yet since they just hit the market, so I can't confirm below the grille fitment.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the wires for the stock AUX switches are ran into the engine compartment, ready to easily splice. No need to run wires into the truck at all.

This is great. always a pain to add electronic gear in the past.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the best pics, it was raining out, but these lights are super bright. Wired them to the AUX 1 switch. Two 17" led's

looks awesome, do you have more pictures of how they mounted? Where did you get brackets from? I like the amazon LEDs your using, I will plan to do the same thing.

Reaction score
Hello every one,

I have purchased M&R dual led bar 40" kit, I was thinking that installations will goes easy and smooth, but unfortunately there was some difficulties in steps and the real process.

Wires only 6" length for each light!! So you must have wires and other stuff.
the brackets in the bottom touching the grille shutter, I discovered this next day :( ( but the shutter is open, I'm not sure if that will effect the performance)

there wasn't any instruction regarding the led alignment, I don't think you can adjust the bars since the grille has been assembled.

In general, the lights looks good so far, just keep in your mind the above notes in addition to some modifications.

I'll try to upload pictures soon.

Good luck for all.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpg
    image1 (2).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 145
  • image2 (2).jpg
    image2 (2).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 140
  • image3 (2).jpg
    image3 (2).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 142