LED light bar behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccso285

Reaction score
Would love to see some behind the grill installation pics.

I had a buddy install them, he had to make custom brackets, the ones that came with the lights would not work, I will try to get some better inner grill pics.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Very nice

Which units did you buy, and any issues with the grill shutters?

Do you think 2 20" would fit?

Two 20"s I think will be to long, no issues with shutters. Here are the ones I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOQ0OBQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy install them, he had to make custom brackets, the ones that came with the lights would not work, I will try to get some better inner grill pics.

Thank you, that would be great.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious how the wiring is on the 17's. Is it still a finger death trap behind the dash or did the ******* at ford provide more than 1" of wire to splice to?

ccso285

Reaction score
Curious how the wiring is on the 17's. Is it still a finger death trap behind the dash or did the ******* at ford provide more than 1" of wire to splice to?

All the wires for the stock AUX switches are ran into the engine compartment, ready to easily splice. No need to run wires into the truck at all.

JPRAGANA3

Reaction score
I kept the Rigid LED off my 1st gen raptor and installed it behind my grill today. I had to fab up the brackets and shave off a few colling fins off the back of the light . I doubt i will have a overheating problem, as i don't use it all that often. It doesn't touch the shutters at all. There is actually a lot of room in-between the grill and the shutters if you get creative..

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 359
OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept the Rigid LED off my 1st gen raptor and installed it behind my grill today. I had to fab up the brackets and shave off a few colling fins off the back of the light . I doubt i will have a overheating problem, as i don't use it all that often. It doesn't touch the shutters at all. There is actually a lot of room in-between the grill and the shutters if you get creative..

Is this a Rigid 20" E2? Where exactly did you remove some fins?

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, look at 2nd pic

So a "normal" unit is the same across the entire back i.e. you've done lots of adjustments and stair step cuts in the middle 3rd?

Forgot to mention, it looks great and do you think there's enough room to go 1 size larger to 28"?

JPRAGANA3

Reaction score
Yes, only cut out the part of the fins that would hit the shutter shroud.

I doubt you could fit a larger Rigid E2 style light due to the curve of the grill, it would hit the shutters when they open.

Just a FYI there is a little more room on the bottom section of the grill.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're looking for a bolt-in solution, we're got our pre-order list up and running. This kit allows you to fit a 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar behind your grille.

Here's a shot of what the light looks like installed:
31582606923_af2b541657_k.jpg
32270249471_5b9af5b8d5_k.jpg

Pricing for the kits should be available soon. If you have questions or would like to get on the pre-order list, please feel free to shoot me a PM.