LED light bar behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is quite a bit of loss behind grill, atleast there was on Gen1. The best solution I found is to use a bar with a single row of 10W LED's, in spottiest fashion you can get. Then align in the gaps above or below the FORD grill. Using a knockoff bar here isnt a terrible idea since your only capturing a portion of the bars capability, so a waste IMO to put a $1k+ bar there.

I've been trying to get new owners to make that measurement, but still TBD

If you remove the shutters, figure similar widths potential as Gen1

To retain the shutters you will need to get it more flush to grill, so would need to fit between the vertical grill braces. In a 2015-2016 std f150 grill, that space is ~20" or so, hopefully our bracing is different (wider). If your bar is deeper in width, might need to do curved to get more flush to the grill.

Ideally to achieve this..

0227152228a_zpsqfcikpku.jpg

0227152222_zpsjmfn1imx.jpg

0228151534c_zpsrfbowr5p.jpg

The std f150 opening is taller so the dual row bar works, but ours will be thinner so single row is prob more ideal.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better pictures of the grill/bracing etc would be a big help. Then Some measurements between braces and some depth from back side of grill to shutters

I'm figuring ppl will eventually ditch the shutters, looks to be necessary to go with the bigger intercooler. But, until then, figuring what's the biggest We can squeeze between them with shutters

Last edited:

ccso285

Reaction score
I bought two 17" leds Gonna mount them to the left and right of front camera behind grill. Waiting for my installer to get it done.

ccso285

Reaction score
I bought two 17" leds Gonna mount them to the left and right of front camera behind grill. Waiting for my installer to get it done.

Not the best pics, it was raining out, but these lights are super bright. Wired them to the AUX 1 switch. Two 17" led's

Attachments

• IMG_9420.JPG
    IMG_9420.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_9421.JPG
    IMG_9421.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_9422.JPG
    IMG_9422.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 315
OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the best pics, it was raining out, but these lights are super bright. Wired them to the AUX 1 switch. Two 17" led's

Very nice

Which units did you buy, and any issues with the grill shutters?

Do you think 2 20" would fit?

Last edited: