KC Flex LEDs cause major FM reception issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I narrowed it down to the driver side KC. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the harness or connectors.
I did such a nice neat job of running all of the wires in wire loom and routing the loom so it's virtually undetectable that it would be a real PITA to trace anything over to the passenger side. I guess I'll just continue to run the Rigids only while listening to the radio and run all 6 lights if I'm listening to CDs or music from my phone. The dog days of summer must be making me more lazy than I already am. :yawn:

Attachments

• SAM_0665.jpg
    SAM_0665.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 24

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I narrowed it down to the driver side KC. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the harness or connectors.

I did such a nice neat job of running all of the wires in wire loom and routing the loom so it's virtually undetectable that it would be a real PITA to trace anything over to the passenger side. I guess I'll just continue to run the Rigids only while listening to the radio and run all 6 lights if I'm listening to CDs or music from my phone. The dog days of summer must be making me more lazy than I already am. :yawn:

I can send another kc up to try...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any pics of your setup?

Anyone with the KC Fles lights (LEDs) experience FM reception issues? I noticed when the KC's are on, the clear & crisp FM signal immediately turns to static and cannot hear much if anything.

I have two of the KC Flex's which came with the FordRaptorLights.com kit.

When I turn on the Vision-X LEDs, I do not experience this issue.

RESOLUTION:

This matter has been resolved.

I unplugged each KC. With only the drivers side plugged in, the interference was gone. With only the passenger side plugged in the interference was still there, BUT greatly reduced in amplitude (but still very annoying).

At that point I assumed I had a bad light. On a whim I unplugged my BD Sport Race lights which are NOT part of Jeff's kit. These are mounted on the A-pillars. With those unplugged the interference on the noisy KC was nearly absent.

I decided to try attaching the ground directly to the negative terminal. BINGO. Now there was no more noise, even with the BD lights plugged in.

So, if anyone else experiences FM noise, try connecting ALL LIGHTS to the same ground, preferably (at least in my case) the negative battery terminal.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Looks really good with all that amber up front.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks really good with all that amber up front.

Thanks....that's all they do is look good. They are now useless for any type of off road lighting. :biggrin: I lightly smoked some amber covers to match the rest of the amber. But they can be removed if I need more light.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE.... the new KC Flex that Jeff sent me fixed my FM radio static issue.

Nice, we have some great vendors here on the forum who stand behind their products!! Glad you got it worked out!