GEN 2 Installed my Ford Raptor Lights Kit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice! Thanks for the write up. Are the amber KCs fogs? As in, can you run them on the street without blinding other drivers?

yep I have them on when the truck is on

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

some early morning pics... about 6am, not totally dark but gives you an idea...

headlights and ambers only

CwLLY6t.jpg

headlights and ambers light output

r5aPVgr.jpg

headlights, ambers, and driving combo

aeVePaF.jpg

headlights, ambers, combo and spots
dicQLKt.jpg

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished mine 20 minutes ago, what a PIA, especially the bracket install. I ended up homing the inside hole with a small phillips screw driver and that really helped. It completely sucks that you have to rewire the wiring harness to support the squadron lights, while not hard, it just takes time.

I just took my truck out in the dark, the driving flood (I bought the pro's) work AWESOME.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor Lights

I installed my new FRLs over the weekend. I took advantage of the Black Friday deals to save a little money. Very nice kit! I thought the install was relatively easy and quick (compared to the 30" S8 behind the upper grill install). I got the kit w/the KCs and two pairs of squadron pros w/wide corning on one pair and driving/combo on the other. I'm thinking about switching my driving/combo to all spots, though. I played w/the light adjustment last night and am getting it dialed in the way I like. I'll try to get some night pics in the next couple weeks. Baja designs lights are the best, no question! And as much of a PIA the S8 was to install, that's just a bad-ass light that casts so much light. After seeing how each light works on the truck individually, if I could only have one of the front kits, it would be the the S8. I think the height of the S8 is a big benefit in throwing the light over and down the trail. Of course, it's best to have as much lighting as possible, though! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20171204_081526.jpg
    20171204_081526.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 194

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG shoutout to Jeff @FordRaptorLights.com . Awesome product and great service.

I had a bad light, he took my call on a Sunday, and promptly shipped me one on Monday. Arrived Wednesday!

BTW- Jeff: Sorry for the delay. Light should be getting to you this week. My wife had it in the back of her car and hadn't shipped it yet :whymewhyme:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While being the best, most finished look out there, I think I’m going to take mine out. I noticed a pretty significant reduction in light. Spots aren’t bad, but DOT Rigids and fogs surely cut off the sides. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While being the best, most finished look out there, I think I’m going to take mine out. I noticed a pretty significant reduction in light. Spots aren’t bad, but DOT Rigids and dogs surely cut off the sides. Just my opinion.

I didn't want to hear that about the Rigid SAE fogs. Do you have any pics of the cutoff?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have a spare set of Rigid DOTs at work. I’ll grab them tomorrow and get a pic from my truck in the fordraptorlights bezels and one at the same distance out of it. I mean, it’s not real bad, but it’s a matter of losing light to look cool equation.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have a spare set of Rigid DOTs at work. I’ll grab them tomorrow and get a pic from my truck in the fordraptorlights bezels and one at the same distance out of it. I mean, it’s not real bad, but it’s a matter of losing light to look cool equation.

We were not able to find any measurable light loss. If you stack three lights together without a bezel you’ll have the same effect.

Pop off the fairing. Slide the light up and test it. I doubt you’ll much difference at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk