How to wire reverse lights to AUX switch 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I wired my rigid spots so that they come on with the reverse lights but can also be turned on (lights have to be on of course) using an upfitter switch. This is the relay I purchased and I ran the AUX switch wiring (its the bundle of wires closest to the driver) inside the frame rail.

Attachments

• Reverse light wiring 2018 Raptor.jpg
    Reverse light wiring 2018 Raptor.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 546

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

So you just flip the Aux switch and the lights come on as well as when you put your Raptor into Reverse?

No issue tapping into the trailer plug in regard to making the truck think there's a trailer attached?

Can you post some pics of your wiring/connections?

Thanks again

OP
OP
N

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

So you just flip the Aux switch and the lights come on as well as when you put your Raptor into Reverse?

No issue tapping into the trailer plug in regard to making the truck think there's a trailer attached?

Can you post some pics of your wiring/connections?

Thanks again

Exactly.....I did haul my 27ft travel trailer when I just had it wired to the backup lights (no relay.switch yet) and it was not an issue. All my wiring is wrapped up in a loom and zip tied away so there is not much to see. It all runs up and behind the bumper/spare and is setup so you can easily unplug the Rigid lights to remove the bumper

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same way I did mine. I purchased the Rigid backup wiring harness which is a pretty clean little package but you have to reverse the coil wiring on the relay base. Plug and play for the most part though

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
If your putting fairly low draw lights in and want to wire them to the upditters you can use diodes as well. Just tap into the trailer harness for reverse and run up to the upfitter.

Attachments

• C56864D4-6E76-46DA-816B-3DE7537BC4CB.jpeg
    C56864D4-6E76-46DA-816B-3DE7537BC4CB.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 589

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your putting fairly low draw lights in and want to wire them to the upditters you can use diodes as well. Just tap into the trailer harness for reverse and run up to the upfitter.

Looks simple Jeremy. Nice. Would Baja Designs S2 Pro's at 21 watts total draw be good?

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
As long as you tap into the reverse circuit behind the trailer plug and not behind the tail light it should be fine. I think the pull like 1.75A which shoud be fine for the factory circuit.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I wired my rigid spots so that they come on with the reverse lights but can also be turned on (lights have to be on of course) using an upfitter switch. This is the relay I purchased and I ran the AUX switch wiring (its the bundle of wires closest to the driver) inside the frame rail.

Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Have you had any issue with the truck thinking a trailer is connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk