How to silence the Reverse chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westy737

Reaction score
I just installed my Baja Designs reverse lights and want to be able to use the lights for loading the bed. When I turn on the accessory (engine off), engage the parking brake, and put the truck in reverse, a chime goes off continuously. It is extremely annoying. Any ideas *********** the chime without just wiring strait to the accessory switches?

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
I would wire the lights into an upfitter switch and the backup lights using a 2 into 1 diode or 2 diodes . Then you can just flip the upfitter switch to use them.

OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
I would wire the lights into an upfitter switch and the backup lights using a 2 into 1 diode or 2 diodes . Then you can just flip the upfitter switch to use them.

Any chance I could get a recommended part number and place to purchase a 2 to 1, 12 volt diode? I like the idea!

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
So I id a quick search and can't find the ones I have. I used to work at a place that built electronic encolsures and got them there 10+ years ago. Doesn't really matter though as you can use 2 diodes instead.

Here is a link to a package of 2 for $1.00. https://www.radioshack.com/products/200a-barrel-diodes

Wire them like this. Just make sure you pick the correct up-fitter based on your backup lights. The factory reverse light circuit should support some basic Aux reverse lights without involving a relay.

Attachments

• Backup Light Diode.JPG
    Backup Light Diode.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
So I id a quick search and can't find the ones I have. I used to work at a place that built electronic encolsures and got them there 10+ years ago. Doesn't really matter though as you can use 2 diodes instead.

Here is a link to a package of 2 for $1.00. https://www.radioshack.com/products/200a-barrel-diodes

Wire them like this. Just make sure you pick the correct up-fitter based on your backup lights. The factory reverse light circuit should support some basic Aux reverse lights without involving a relay.

Thanks Jeremy- I definitely like this resolution!