GEN 2 How about them headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bishop1134

Reaction score
The LED headlights on my 2017 raptor are garbage. I had a 2016 platinum before that and they were just as bad (same assembly)... I wish I had the light output of my 2013 raptor.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LED headlights on my 2017 raptor are garbage. I had a 2016 platinum before that and they were just as bad (same assembly)... I wish I had the light output of my 2013 raptor.

Makes me love my 13 HIDS even more!!
They are so bright

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard multiple reports from people that attended snoball this year with the Gen 2s that the LED headlights are a VAST improvement over the previous HIDs...

Glad to hear it...but man...you'd think something as black and white as Light output would be clear across the board either better or worse right lol...

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is disappointing at best... I was really hoping that the LED lights would be better than the wimpy halogen lights of my 2015 SuperDuty...
:(

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no issues with the headlights on the G2 truck. Both high and low beam work just fine.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the headlights on the G2 truck. Both high and low beam work just fine.

Did you have a Gen I? I definitely notice the Gen II LEDs on Hi Beam are not as good as the Gen I Hi Beams...Low Beams are pretty comparable, but the LEDs Ford uses are NOT better than the Projector HIDs of before for sure.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have a Gen I? I definitely notice the Gen II LEDs on Hi Beam are not as good as the Gen I Hi Beams...Low Beams are pretty comparable, but the LEDs Ford uses are NOT better than the Projector HIDs of before for sure.

No, I did not but they seem little different than other vehicles I have driven, with HID.