Help me figure out this strobe gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strobes are being wired to the front lights - hi beams, ambers and LEDs in bumper cut outs

The low beam (upper headlight) is not strobed at all

When we strobe, the driver low beam turns off

As a test, wired the low beam wire to a Rigid light - Rigid light does not turn off

Attached another full light assembly from a separate Raptor - driver low beam on this new unit turns off as well

???

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Perhaps there’s some logic built into the lighting assembly that won’t allow you to run both high and low beams at the same time?

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps there’s some logic built into the lighting assembly that won’t allow you to run both high and low beams at the same time?

That's the running guess but sucks that it can't be figured out, initially seemed like a simple issue

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Need more info... what exactly are you strobing? Do you have strobe lights installed or are you using a flasher module on your existing headlights (meaning you want your headlights to turn on/off like you see on emergency vehicles)

These are your factory headlights right? LED's from Ford for the headlights?

MY GUESS if you are trying to turn your factory LED lights on/off is that Ford just detects an issue with the power going on/off and cuts the circuit out. I see this a lot on regular F150s that install our CrystaLux LED Conversion Kits. One side usually turns off and they have to power cycle the circuit to turn it on. Installation of a CANBUS Adapter fixes this.

Well that's all well and good for aftermarket right... I'd have recommended a CANBUS attached between your flasher and your headlights BUT... if you are running OEM LED... well there is no module to install...

So that's really my guess and I don't have a fix. Ford's computers are just detecting an issue.

Now you CAN try using FORSCAN and getting rid of any BULB OUT indicators. That MIGHT solve the issue since you are bypassing Fords protection circuit/notification system that a bulb is out.

Like i said, this is all assuming you are flashing the factory lights.