Has anyone installed one of these light kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought a majority of the light upgrades, including the console lights, on my truck through them. Haven’t had any issues. Highly recommended.

I’ve had their puddle lights on for about three years now with no problems. I had nothing but issues from two other makers and was going to give up till I found these guys.

OP
OP
C

CaptSteve

Reaction score
I guess what I am not understanding about this kit is that once you install the led cord under the console cover how does the light escape to light it up?

Maybe a stupid question but does the cord make a gap between the trim once installed?

I just dont want to purchase something that is going to look tacky.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am not understanding about this kit is that once you install the led cord under the console cover how does the light escape to light it up?

Maybe a stupid question but does the cord make a gap between the trim once installed?

I just dont want to purchase something that is going to look tacky.

It appears these don't change color. You buy the color you like and that's all you have. I've seen another that offers more colors, but I believe is battery operated and looked really add on. Ford used to offer a dealer installed ambient light kit. Not sure if they still have that.

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got those but haven not had them installed right, since its hard to align them to be flushed with the chrome trim nicely.
They now sit in the garage.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We don't sell this because it'll fail. We've had people tell us those lights they sell for the cup holders fail over time. Doesn't surprise me. That's nothing more then those flexible RGB strips that are junk.

OP
OP
C

CaptSteve

Reaction score
I've got those but haven not had them installed right, since its hard to align them to be flushed with the chrome trim nicely.
They now sit in the garage.

I bought a set and I tried to install them yesterday. After ******** around for about an hour trying to align them under the chrome trim ring I pulled them out. There was no way to get them to look anything other than cheesy.
Wasted my money on them. Lesson learned.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

We don't sell this because it'll fail. We've had people tell us those lights they sell for the cup holders fail over time. Doesn't surprise me. That's nothing more then those flexible RGB strips that are junk.

I had already ordered mine before I saw this post. I dont know if they fail or not as far as working but I do know they fail as far as being able to align the strips under the chrome trim ring. After an hour of ******** with them I said screw it.
They wont be getting installed. To cheesy for me.