Is this a good kit for Street Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would swap one set of the pods to the Rigid SAE Driving fogs and the other a Baja Spot. I had the Rigid SAE fogs on my previous truck and loved the cutoff line they have which meant less getting flashed at night plus they are "somewhat" more street legal. I have the setup I stated above on my new Raptor and it's very impressive.

Check out the deal from 4x4TruckLED's posted in a thread they started below. If you purchase that setup with a Baja light you get 20% off which is a killer deal.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please post link to the 20 percent off lights with which ones to get! Think i will order with the bezels and kit. I just didnt know which one to get

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
None... these style lights are not street legal... If you went with a Baja Designs Kit (Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited) then you can use the S2 as your fog lights and you'd be fine. I think anything larger would put out too much lumen to be concidered street legal (legally speaking there is a certain candlepower you have to be under for street legal lighting and most off-road lighting is way above that).

The S2s or even the KC HiLights in the FRL kit should be fine though for everyday driving and I can almos bet you'd NEVER get an issue. You can then turn the other pairs of lights on whenever you need to get extra lighting.

Shoot me a message if you need to buy the FRL kit, as we have it on sale now OR if you want to go with the Baja Designs kits, we can work up a price on that as well

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor (2017+) Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

I have all the fog kits in stock right now

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the S2's? I don't see that on the site.

Edit: I see those now. I would like the custom fitted look with the 3 lights though

None... these style lights are not street legal... If you went with a Baja Designs Kit (Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited) then you can use the S2 as your fog lights and you'd be fine. I think anything larger would put out too much lumen to be concidered street legal (legally speaking there is a certain candlepower you have to be under for street legal lighting and most off-road lighting is way above that).

The S2s or even the KC HiLights in the FRL kit should be fine though for everyday driving and I can almos bet you'd NEVER get an issue. You can then turn the other pairs of lights on whenever you need to get extra lighting.

Shoot me a message if you need to buy the FRL kit, as we have it on sale now OR if you want to go with the Baja Designs kits, we can work up a price on that as well

LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor (2017+) Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

I have all the fog kits in stock right now

Last edited:

sdfd504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While none of them are technically street "legal" I have found that the Rigid SAE Fog light has an excellent cutoff line and matches the OEM headlights on these trucks pretty well. It can be adjusted down enough to be under the stock headlight cutoff line while still providing an excellent amount of light. I have it in the center pod of my FRL three pod kit with the Baja Pro Spot in the center most pod for long distance light throw. These are the rigid lights I am speaking of.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/products/sae