GEN 2 GJ Motorsports Raptor 2017+ 3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolted up another GJ demo Gen2 light last week, few teaser pictures of it blacked out on a 17. Should have the harness for it soon and can get some night lit up shots. Gasket is official, bone dry in there after a few days outside with hard rain storms.

92AB643A-3BEB-431C-A432-23F0FCA40F46_zps8ovtpba7.jpg

CF62AC5D-F105-49CD-807F-842D065D901E_zpsgiggmnld.jpg

47378C50-79F7-40B8-9117-A483782FB66E_zps33m5jhct.jpg

These look really good! Cant wait for mine!

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the bracket/rail you have on there with the light attached to it? Looks good. I also have that same sticker on my back window!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the bracket/rail you have on there with the light attached to it? Looks good. I also have that same sticker on my back window!

Was my previous solution for a rear amber / antenna mount... the GJ one achieves this much better/cleaner now :biggrin:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been a bit hectic as of late to post up vids/pics, will try to soon. Some notes so far though... The red leds are plenty bright, no worries there. Much prefer these over oe, as they are more pronounced as the raptor trio lights. I have one version of the LVJ harness that uses my center S2 pro as the factory clear LED did, when truck is unlocked or activated via oe cargo light button.

S2 pro is supremely overkill for this function, but when do we not strive for overkill for anything we buy on these trucks.

It had been on for a month or so with some pretty aggressives storms this spring and due to garage work, its sat outside for most of that time. Dry as a bone inside, so the gasket is doing its job

Last edited:

jsouth5

Reaction score
Have there been any issues with the holes/aluminum where the mount attaches to the truck? I'm just wondering if the added weight of the S2 lights and any torque from the antenna (wind, hitting trees, etc) will cause any issues.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder about the mounting too. My bulletproof diesel antenna mount uses a secondary bracket that it comes with. And that’s just an antenna mount, let alone 3 S2’s.