Fogs!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Show me one place that BD has said that you can use S2s on public roads with oncoming traffic. These are not DOT approved and with good reason. They are powerful off road lights. Even angled down and out you are still going to cause issues for other drivers. They do not have a light pattern cut off. If you are running these on the street, please stop before you cause an accident.

They are high performance off road lights, not accent lights. They're not supposed to match and shouldn't match. It's also irresponsible to run them on the street. You spent $1,000 on 10,000 lumens of great lights only to use them as accent lighting and to blind oncoming drivers and you're unhappy that the lights are good at what they're supposed to do.

No, but that's a great opinion you have there.

BD has said numerous times their S2 Lights can be used as Fog/Driving Lights...

I have mine angled down and out...so literally blind no one, get no hi beam flashes, etc, etc...but again, GREAT opinion you formed from no facts.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Ha...I did Google it, and that's what I came up with, but it was hard to find something you could actually purchase...shoot me a link if you find something solid, and thanks for the follow up.

Show me one place that BD has said that you can use S2s on public roads with oncoming traffic. These are not DOT approved and with good reason. They are powerful off road lights. Even angled down and out you are still going to cause issues for other drivers. They do not have a light pattern cut off. If you are running these on the street, please stop before you cause an accident.

Dude...Go F**K yourself first off.

2nd Your Reply was in my Junk folder ironically or I would have replied long ago to put this to bed.

3rd, I am NOT blinding anyone, except you with Common Sense...I have been running the S2s in Wide Cordnering as Driving/Fog Lights for Months now and NOT ONE person has beeped, hi beamed, flipped me off, etc, etc...and I have driven by a plethora of Cops, State and Local, In front of me, next to me, coming at me, etc...and SAME answer as related to all other drivers...So...My Answer to you is quite the opposite of what you said, but instead that you are 100% wrong, the lights don't blind anyone, and you're a tool for pushing this.

Still upset Hillary and Bernie didn't win?????

Lastly, regarding your YOU CALL BS on BD Blah Blah Blah:
They are NOT DOT approved. They are designed for offroad use only. When the S2 is used in Wide Cornering it is considered Street Friendly and we have customers using them without issues. Same goes for our Squadron Sport in the Wide Cornering pattern. It is up to driver discretion. Right from BD...so much like MOST things in life that are NOT black and white...while you can rant and rave like a lunatic about what's DOT approved and what does NOT constitute this and that...Simple Common Sense prevails again.

Now...you can rip this Factually Filled/Common Sense reply word by word, sentence by sentence, etc...b/c obviously you are one of those...but you'll be talking to yourself at this point.

No more need for me to crush you with facts and common sense.

I see you're an angry little man. Resorting to profanity and making (inaccurate) assumptions about someone you don't know. All because you can't successfully refute my statement.

1.You can't say with any real positivity that your lights don't blind other motorists. Not everyone one is as angry as you. Just because they don't honk, flash their lights, or fliip you off, does not mean it did not cause a problem for them. There is no way for you to know if it blinds someone else or not.

2.BD calling the lights road friendly and advising driver discretion is not an endorsement. Non DOT means exactly that. Similarly, people will tell you that you can go 5mph over the speed limit and not get stopped. Does that mean it's legal? No. There is a difference between using these lights on a dark back road with no traffic and using them on busy roads with other motorists. If they were being used because the lighting conditions deemed them necessary, I might see it, but to run them just for vanity sake is stupid.

3. Factually filled? You're joking right? Unlike my responses, you've yet to provide a single fact. Instead you state your own opinion as if it were fact.

I do not expect you to reply, but only because you know your wrong.

Bailey here with BD. Our LED lights are NOT Street Legal or DOT Approved.

We have stated previously that certain lights can be considered "street friendly" when aimed properly and when using the correct pattern. We also state it would be up to driver discretion when being used on the street.

Bottom Line: Running all of your Baja Designs lights on the street will most likely result in a ticket or worse cause an accident. If you're going to use our lights on the street please be considerate of other drivers.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

CZECHSIX

Reaction score
looks better than a previous shot I saw, on that the inner lamp appeared to be partially blocked by the bumper opening