Fogs!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumat

Reaction score
Yes, they are multiple predrilled holes so you'll have no problem mounting just two pr. I tried to center them as best as possible so the furthest outside light wasn't behind the bumper like I've seen on many Gen 1 and Gen 2 pics. I still may fiddle with the placement a little bit. I'm still bumming about what a cluster F mounting the 40" RDS light bar turned out being. Me and a buddy spent 3 hrs trying to do it using the Rigid supplied brackets and it just wasn't happening. He builds a show truck every yr for SEMA and he's super **** about these things. The bracket just doesn't sit flat on the bumper and if we were to use it we'd only be able to use one bolt to mount it to the bumper which would probably be fine but that was not going to fly with him. He's going to reach out to his suppliers for a bracket solution.

i feel you here. i went with a custom bracket for my 40" rds midnight bar.

04b9dff753d76af1101c68cc41bee4d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you get the bracket from? I've a few buddy's on this for me because the light bar doesn't look all that good sitting on my workbench where it's been for over a month now :-(

scottnorm

Reaction score
Thanks guys :) yes it's AG. Yes there is a tons of adjustability mounting-wise with the N-fab brackets.

Gosh Digger, your truck looks really great. I just ordered the bracket for fogs. can you advise as to picking radiance vs the Rigid D series? Do you like them? Thanks!!

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I 2nd that question about which brackets you got.

I have ALL Rigids on everything, but went Baja Designs on my 3 Fog pocket lights for my 17, but so far I am not thoroughly impressed, and really considering doing a Rigid 40 on the bumper so it's A.) unobstructed, and B.) Not down too low...Every foot these lights are up higher from the ground makes a huge difference in what they light up and how easily they do it.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh Digger, your truck looks really great. I just ordered the bracket for fogs. can you advise as to picking radiance vs the Rigid D series? Do you like them? Thanks!!

Thank you very much. I'm very happy with it and yes I was worried about the new Gen 2 over my Gen 1 BUT I forgot my 12 Raptor about a 1/4 mile from the dealership on my drive home :) I got the fog light brackets from N-fab and I went with the radiance fogs because of the amber led outline on them. I tied them into my parking lights so they're on all time and in my humble opinion look great on with all the other amber parking lights on during the day. Just my 2 cents :)

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I'm very happy with it and yes I was worried about the new Gen 2 over my Gen 1 BUT I forgot my 12 Raptor about a 1/4 mile from the dealership on my drive home :) I got the fog light brackets from N-fab and I went with the radiance fogs because of the amber led outline on them. I tied them into my parking lights so they're on all time and in my humble opinion look great on with all the other amber parking lights on during the day. Just my 2 cents :)

Do you have a Pic of that?

That's one of the things I am NOT happy about at all w/the Baja Designs set up...the outer most fog pocket lights are what I use for my Fog/Running Lights...and like on my 14...I wanted Amber...but these BD Lights are Yellow with the covers they supply....and Like Rigid's White LED Dually D2s, if you Cover them they come out Yellow, but if you get the Amber Dually D2s they are a nice Amber...

See Pics:

My 14 next to my buddy's 13 with my Rigid Dually D2 Ambers...they match the OEM Amber lightning 100% and don't **** off any cops or on coming drivers.

My 14s Dually D2s with "Amber" Covers...they look Yellow.

My 17 with the Baja Design Set up...and a close up again...and those light covers are totally Yellow...which I understand from all the Rally Cars you see are a better actual Fog Light (Yellow vs. Amber) but I thought Amber = Amber and that's what I was going for to match the OEM Amber lights. Live and Learn.

Attachments

• IMG_5597.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 56
  • JMA 17 Raptor BD Lights (3).jpg
    JMA 17 Raptor BD Lights (3).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 71
  • JMA 17 Raptor BD Lights (1).jpg
    JMA 17 Raptor BD Lights (1).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 69

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I want to do this as well. What wire did you have to tap into to get them on with your parking lights?

How is the output from the radiance lights?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do this as well. What wire did you have to tap into to get them on with your parking lights?

How is the output from the radiance lights?

They're VERY bright and definitely not legal especially if you had all 3 pr on at once. I think if you angle one set downward but not ridiculously downward that you could get away with it. They light up the road for what seems like a half a mile in front of you. I'll take some pics tonight.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a Pic of that?

That's one of the things I am NOT happy about at all w/the Baja Designs set up...the outer most fog pocket lights are what I use for my Fog/Running Lights...and like on my 14...I wanted Amber...but these BD Lights are Yellow with the covers they supply....and Like Rigid's White LED Dually D2s, if you Cover them they come out Yellow, but if you get the Amber Dually D2s they are a nice Amber...

See Pics:

My 14 next to my buddy's 13 with my Rigid Dually D2 Ambers...they match the OEM Amber lightning 100% and don't **** off any cops or on coming drivers.

My 14s Dually D2s with "Amber" Covers...they look Yellow.

My 17 with the Baja Design Set up...and a close up again...and those light covers are totally Yellow...which I understand from all the Rally Cars you see are a better actual Fog Light (Yellow vs. Amber) but I thought Amber = Amber and that's what I was going for to match the OEM Amber lights. Live and Learn.
Get clear rock guards from BD and tint them whatever color you want. Personally, BD has way more light and better quality than Rigid.