Fog pocket kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m about to install my Baja design fog light pocket kit an lights, just wondering is it best to bolt lights to bracket first or install bracket first? I don’t have the bezel or anything, didn’t want the factory look, I just have the mount and lights

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I made my own mounts, did my best to mark them up first. Measured twice, cut / drilled once and blamed my wife when it didn’t line up where I wanted :biggrin:

Since i didn’t mount something pre built, YMMV, but I was able to mount the lights to the bracket without too much difficulty after mounting to the truck. Honestly the biggest issue was the B/D “harness” and wiring kit - it’s nice but kind of on the short side.

This is a one - two beer job. The wiring could be a another beer, I broke up the project because I was using homemade mounts...

good luck.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m about to install my Baja design fog light pocket kit an lights, just wondering is it best to bolt lights to bracket first or install bracket first? I don’t have the bezel or anything, didn’t want the factory look, I just have the mount and lights

For sure, mount the bracket first. Then mount the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, mount the brackets first, that part is a PITA. I used a phillips screw driver to help me home the threaded hole you need to use. PITA all the way.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got them all mounted including A-pillar mounts and lights. I’m waiting till daytime to run and hook up the wires. I only have 3 55inch splitters and 4 sets of lights. Was gonna use one of the splitters that come with lights but they are not long enough so I will have to make something up. I’m gonna have each set of lights on individual upfitter switch. I installed the S2 corner lights, driving combo clear, and driving combo with amber lense in holes in the bumper and decided to put the spot lights on the A pillar hood mounts. I think it will be a sweet set up. Next I’m gonna buy that 44inch lights bars that go behind grill. I think I remember one being Amber and one clear, that will be on individual switch also. I will be out switch’s then. I decided on no lights in the back anyways

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I prefer installing the lights on the Fog Pocket Kit bracket before installing on the truck. It was easier for me to install the lights onto the fog bracket on a work bench and then go under the truck to mount the entire assembly. Either way will certainly work!

Nk2uUn6h.jpg

I got them all mounted including A-pillar mounts and lights. I’m waiting till daytime to run and hook up the wires. I only have 3 55inch splitters and 4 sets of lights. Was gonna use one of the splitters that come with lights but they are not long enough so I will have to make something up. I’m gonna have each set of lights on individual upfitter switch. I installed the S2 corner lights, driving combo clear, and driving combo with amber lense in holes in the bumper and decided to put the spot lights on the A pillar hood mounts. I think it will be a sweet set up. Next I’m gonna buy that 44inch lights bars that go behind grill. I think I remember one being Amber and one clear, that will be on individual switch also. I will be out switch’s then. I decided on no lights in the back anyways

If you would like to purchase an additional 55" Splitter and Upfitter Harness we do have them available separately. This will allow you to use 3 switches instead of 2 for the fog kit (1 Pair of Lights per switch)

2-Pin, Upfitter Wiring Harness (sku 640093) - $13.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2.asp

Squadron/S2, 55" Splitter - $44.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-s2-wire-harness-splitter-55-universal.asp

We do offer a discount to all forum members. This will take 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48! Code: BDForums

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got em all going and wow it’s bright

Attachments

• AE082030-2F8A-4221-AF91-B2C69AE0CC73.jpg
    AE082030-2F8A-4221-AF91-B2C69AE0CC73.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked up the each pair on individual auxiliary switch, I used 10 amp and a 15 amp switch for Baja pro driving combo lights, 2 pair of them, and 1 pair of pro spots, the smaller lights in corners not sure what their name is but I used a 5 amp switch, I have 2 switch’s left now, a 15 and a 5.. so I’m thinking I will do 1 light bar behind grill and small lights on rear bumper next

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

And choosing to not go with the bezel installation was definitely the right decision. This setup looks lot better, I was able to compare next to a friends that used the bezel. We both agreed same way.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I prefer the open design of the Baja Designs kit but let me tell ya, the FRL kit we sell is a solid kit. Jeff (he owns FRL) does have a really nice kit (which we stock). But it's all about preference.

Baja Designs Kit = More agressive/open look and you get the S2's for the smaller light (which I prefer)

FRL Kit = More finished/oem look.

As you know Msb (I believe you picked up the kit from us) you can customize both kits to your hearts content on our site. SO you get to REALY pick what you want (same with our reverse kits, we can upgrade the Sports to Pros)

Even if you want say the Baja Designs Pro Fog Kit BUT wanted S2 Pros, well we can do that swap for you before we ship it to you, just gotta contact us is all.