Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]

Fog light wired to Headlights

This is a discussion on Fog light wired to Headlights within the Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Any one wire either fog light or auxiliary reverse lights to the hot wire feeding the headlight low beams? I ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elite_KG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Fog light wired to Headlights
Any one wire either fog light or auxiliary reverse lights to the hot wire feeding the headlight low beams?

I am wanting to use the hot feed for the headlights to activate a relay for fog light and auxiliary reverse lights. I will incorporate a bypass, but this is not really relevant.

So, does anyone know what color the hot wire is feeding the headlights and where the best place to access or tie-in.

I looked and there are 6 or 7 wires to each headlight assembly. Many color combinations or not shared, but a blue/grey and a grey/blue are common to both if I remember correctly.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that a member had wire in a similar fashion, but cannot locate the comment. I think I read almost ever thread in this section.

Any help is appreciated.
MKomertz likes this.

Elite_KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Called Ford Performance. They pulled the 2017 F150 LED wiring diagram.

According to them it is BN-BU (left lamp) and BU-GN (right lamp).

Seems to match up with Brown/Blue and Blue/Green that I can see on the head lights. Both wores are the third from the left when standing at the hood looking in.

I will try to test and confirm this weekend.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I haven't gotten around to installing my fog lights yet, but plan to do the same with a relay.

Will be good to confirm this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lottp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I finally got around to installing my BD Unlimited kit and UPR catch can yesterday.

I wanted to confirm that the BN-BU and BU-GN (3rd wire from the left) are the correct wires in the headlight connectors if you want to tie in a relay.

I tied the smaller S2's to this relay so they'd always come on with the headlights as long as I also have AUX 6 on. I then tied the others to AUX 1 so they come on any time I turn that switch on (regardless of headlights).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lottp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
So its been a while since I bought my Rigid Ignite back-up lights. FINALLY got around to installing them today. I had planned on splicing into the headlights for relay activation, but after looking over the 7 pin trailer adapter I figured I could activate the relay from the running lights prong wire. The reverse wire is there too so all the business is right there at the back of the truck. I spliced into both, wired up the relay and tested.
It works awesome. The auxillary back-up lights will not activate unless the parking lights or headlights are on.
All that I have left to do is run my AUX 6 hot wire back there to have manual activation at any time. I tested this as well and it works great. I just didnt have enough time today to snake the wire all the way back and I didnt have enough lum to run.

I am pleased with the set-up as I did not want my auxillary reverse light on in the daytime. I didnt want to manully activate for reverse throught the upfitter. Its more autonomous this way.

I decided to leave my fog lights as manual only. This way I dont forget them on when road driving. I dont need anymore police attention.

Hope this helps others.

Last edited by Elite_KG; 08-20-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I've toyed with a similar idea. But I wanted to tie my Aux 1&2 switches to the high beam circuit. Thought being that my light bars, which are wired into Aux 1&2 will be instant off when I hit the low beams. That would make it much easier to spot the elk by the side of the forest roads and not have to scramble for multiple switches when a car comes from the other direction. Just never pursued it yet.

"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most"
Otis857 is online now   Reply With Quote