Factory Fog Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone been able to replace our fog light switch with a factory fog light switch and have it work the fog lights, the same as a factory configuration would work? Was it hard to do? Where did you get the switch?

Thanks,
Josh

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To clarify, our factory light switch does not have the pull out feature to turn on fog lights (because our trucks did not come with fog lights). Has anyone used the light switch from an f-150 (that had fog lights) and been able to wire after-market fog lights to it, to give our raptors stock-like fog light functionality?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone been able to replace our fog light switch with a factory fog light switch and have it work the fog lights, the same as a factory configuration would work? Was it hard to do? Where did you get the switch?

Thanks,

Josh

Yes. There is a thread somewhere here that someone did just that. Well on a gen1 anyways.
Switch is on Amazon for $60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have that done on my Gen 1 with D2s flush mounted in the valance. They're my quick to reach ditch/deer lights. One of my favorite mods.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To clarify, our factory light switch does not have the pull out feature to turn on fog lights (because our trucks did not come with fog lights). Has anyone used the light switch from an f-150 (that had fog lights) and been able to wire after-market fog lights to it, to give our raptors stock-like fog light functionality?

So you want to add a switch that didn't come with the truck so you can add fog lights that didn't come with the truck? :crazy:

And by fog lights you mean adding lights in the bumper openings (since there aren't any fog light openings in the bumper)?

st-front-three-quarter-in-motion-03-e1477965068208.jpg

usc70fot11ea021001.png

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(since there aren't any fog light openings in the bumper)

There must be at least a half dozen kits to mount fog lights in those side openings that are commonly known as the "fog pockets".

OP - forgot to mention that Tasca or Ebay is your friend for the parts. It wasn't hard to wire up on the Gen 1. There's a couple threads on it if you search. Don't know how different the Gen 2 is but suspect it wouldn't be.

Note: mine is wired to stay on with the high beams, unlike the OEM setup. Also note that it's much more convenient to reach for this switch than the Aux switches. Additionally, there is no confusion about which one you are flipping. Probably be a great way to wire some wide pattern A-pillar lights now that I think about it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Yup, thought so. GEN1s only have four, but they're plenty enough for my 2 sets of fog lights, one set of DOT driving lights, and one set of PIAA off-road lights.

If there are six upfitter switches on GEN2s, I guess I'm not seeing a problem here.