GEN 2 Dirt Kartel fully functional 3rd Brake Light Assembly for the 2017+ Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Questions:
* How does it mount and seal? Any holes need to be drilled?
* Tell me about the lights - colors, quantity of each, lumens, etc.
* Does it have the required marker lights?
* How are the lights selected/controlled?
* Can it be removed and the factory light re-installed?

It does require drilling on each side of the cab for installation and has a gasket to seal it to the truck.

The lights are 3 Baja Designs S2 Flush Mount lights. You can run run white, amber, red, blue, or green lenses. You can choose the S2 Sport or the S2 Pro.

It does NOT have the three DOT required lights, only two.

You’ll have to tap into the factory wiring for the cargo, running lamp, and brake lamps. The S2s will have to be wired into your upfitter switches or any other onboard switches you may have installed.

It can be removed. To go back to stock, you’d have to re-wire into the factory harness, which may not be an issue depending on how you wired the light. You would also have to patch the holes you drilled.

Hope that answers everything!

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Hi Nick,

What can we do about a group buy?

Let me talk to Doug and see what we can do.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nhtsa

Soakinred,
For NHTSA it needs 3 red lights for the wide width of the Raptor...

Eddie

I really don't think anyone will notice that it only has 2 red LED's, In California you need to have a front license plate and i have never had one on any of my cars or trucks.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you guys can do a group buy i would like to purchase the gen1 version they have. i have been looking at it for only since forever and want it hard.

joey185

Reaction score
$875 with lights !!!!$$$$$!!!!!
Really cool but waiting for my truck to have 100k on it before i start drilling holes in it.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0481-800x800.jpg
    IMG_0481-800x800.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0485-800x800.jpg
    IMG_0485-800x800.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0487-800x800.jpg
    IMG_0487-800x800.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 40

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$875 with lights !!!!$$$$$!!!!!
Really cool but waiting for my truck to have 100k on it before i start drilling holes in it.

yeah the gj one is cheaper, doesn't require drilling, is billet, has the 3 red lights and comes with more options as far as wiring goes.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To follow-up, I spoke with Doug and right now there just aren't enough available to facilitate a large group buy. They're having trouble even keeping them in stock. Sorry, guys.

But if you'd like to place an order for one, we can help get you set up with the brake mount, lights, and the antenna mount!