can you mount a light in the bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the Ray Rice Raptor - he mounted one in the lower opening, not sure how big it is though

Jmythehead

Reaction score
Camera%20Uploads
This is a 10 inch, i don't think you could go much bigger

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Apparently my pictures are not working, but i have a 10" bar in the middle opening and i don't think i could get much larger

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's stopping you to go larger? Is there any coolers behind the grill opening? Might have a cool new kit for you guys soon.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Camera%20Uploads
This is a 10 inch, i don't think you could go much bigger

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Apparently my pictures are not working, but i have a 10" bar in the middle opening and i don't think i could get much larger

Get your pics workingggg lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The guys over at Baja Designs will be offering a kit that allows you to install a 10" light bar in the lower bumper opening behind the factory grille. It's on the way!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nothing yet??

Nothing yet. They're currently working on the 30" upper grille kit, fog pocket kits, and reverse lighting kit.

But the 10" kit is still in production, just delayed compared to the others! Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lower grill opening is for the intercooler, and maybe it's just me, but I'm not blocking one square inch of that opening unless somebody proves to me it won't raise IAT's.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower grill opening is for the intercooler, and maybe it's just me, but I'm not blocking one square inch of that opening unless somebody proves to me it won't raise IAT's.

Ford has chosen this spot to mount front license plates so clearly it must not be that big of a deal. I agree that I probably won't put a light there but that has more to do with my lack of need than concern over the intercooler.