Best a-pillar/hood mounts for BD XL80 pods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the wind noise with these a-pillar mounts and lights? The stock gen 2 is so quiet that I noticed increased wind noise with just adding a CB antenna. Makes you think that adding these lights will definitely add noise at highway speeds?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can take a photo later for you drarin since we stock the brackets. I've wanted to do that anyway since Alternative didn't provide photos (on their site) of just the brackets. They look like the same style as the SDHQ however (I have SDHQ on my own truck but that's because I didn't sell Alternative at the time, alternative is a vendor here btw and we re-sell/stock their brackets)

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

How is the wind noise with these a-pillar mounts and lights? The stock gen 2 is so quiet that I noticed increased wind noise with just adding a CB antenna. Makes you think that adding these lights will definitely add noise at highway speeds?

I don't notice any wind noise. Nor would you expect any since the wind will hit the windshield after the bracket.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We’ve offered these brackets for years on both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 trucks without any wind noise issues.

While there are some additions that will increase wind noise, this isn’t one of them.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else we can help with!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I can take a photo later for you drarin since we stock the brackets. I've wanted to do that anyway since Alternative didn't provide photos (on their site) of just the brackets. They look like the same style as the SDHQ however (I have SDHQ on my own truck but that's because I didn't sell Alternative at the time, alternative is a vendor here btw and we re-sell/stock their brackets)

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I don't notice any wind noise. Nor would you expect any since the wind will hit the windshield after the bracket.

ditto on the wind noise ( the lack thereof). No noticeable difference in noise up to about 90 mph.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto on the wind noise ( the lack thereof). No noticeable difference in noise up to about 90 mph.

What about higher than 90 mph?

LOL

Good to know these don't have wind noise. Thanks for posting guys, will definitely consider these when I put together my light package.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What about higher than 90 mph?

LOL

Good to know these don't have wind noise. Thanks for posting guys, will definitely consider these when I put together my light package.

let's just say that right after i crested 90, I was worried about the braking zone and stopped caring about noise. ( and was more focused on making the turn-in and line for the corner.*)

*non-professional driver on a closed course teaching a 24-year-old that someone that knows how to drive on a track in a raptor is faster around the circuit than a 24-year-old in a gt350R that thinks he is vin diesel.

OP
OP
D

drarin

Reaction score

thanks....since the Alternatives and the SDHQ, are essentially the same design and the same price, is there anything that would make you pick one over the other?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thanks....since the Alternatives and the SDHQ, are essentially the same design and the same price, is there anything that would make you pick one over the other?

For me, it’s just the relationship. We’ve worked with Serena and the team at SDHQ for years. The products are quality, the team is easy to get ahold of, and the one time we’ve had a small issue it was dealt with correctly and quickly. Plus, I personally like the look of the American flag and logo on SDHQ’s brackets.

763732c87c889efab31d8118bfc57dbc.jpg

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im Local to Alternative Offroad, and will be getting their mounts with a pair of squadron pros today or tomorrow. Will post pics when I get them.