Best fog lights to high beam left lane hoggers? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol.

I didn't ask whether my idea was good/bad, legal/illegal, driving in Russia (though that was real funny), jimbo's signature ****-moves while driving.

I asked about fog lights.

Bible-hugging, tree-hugging, law-abiding pillars of humanity can please move along from this thread. Leave the rest of us be. And please don't hog the left lane doing 45, that's really annoying.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
No, you asked about fog lights to blind other drivers. There's a difference there. You don't have any sort of high ground to call anyone out for being a **** when you're discussing doing that.

Title of the thread speaks for itself doesn't it?

"Best fog lights to high beam left lane hoggers? :)"

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand OP's point of view. Two things on the road **** me off beyond belief. People in the left lane NOT passing, and people with improperly aimed headlights or leaving their brights on.

I can easily communicate my displeasure of either situation with a flick of my high beams, which hits HIDs, 4 LED cubes, an LED light bar, and 4 Hellas....or any combination of the previous depending on my level of anger at a given moment.

As a southerner born and raised, I an confidently say people down here have no concept of the rule of the road. I don't care how entitled you feel to the left lane, it is for passing *only*. That is why there are signs on every highway I've been on: "Slower Traffic Keep Right"

Massachusetts drivers take hogging the left lane to an art form
And PA. PA is terrible to drive through for that reason.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get carried away on a tangent here, but since you posted what you do, I have to respond.

It's stupidity like yours that causes more accidents than otherwise. It's not your job to police someone else's road manners, speed, courtesy etc. Slowing down intentionally because you don't agree with how someone behind you is driving is a **** move. The person behind you may be driving unsafely or speeding, but its not your business to judge. If you are holding people up, move the eff over and let them pass. I don't fly up to people and expect them to move immediately. I usually come up on them, brake 2-3 car lengths behind them, put my left turn signal on telling them politely to move over (that's a common European habit I picked up a long time ago). Some people see that and move over. Some act like ***** like you. And I will then high beam them or come right up on their tail because I don't like ******** or home made traffic cops.

Now back to regular programming folks :biggrin:

WTF you talking about Willis?!? So it is your job to police someone else's road manners by flashing them but not Jim's by slowing down?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a simple flash of the factory high beams doesn't alert them that they are impeding the flow of traffic, then blinding them or deafening them with a train horn isn't going to change that. All your going to do is endanger other people. Even if your an ******* and don't care if they have an accident, what if they lose control and hit another motorist who was not "inconveniencing" you? Are you really okay with risking other peoples lives, just to get where your going sooner? Perhaps it's time for you to rethink your life.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF you talking about Willis?!? So it is your job to police someone else's road manners by flashing them but not Jim's by slowing down?

ehh. I am not policing them. They are in my way. You can hog the right lane all day, and we'd have no problems.

Like other people have said "left lane is for passing only" Not a hard concept to grasp. You could be doing 80, if someone's behind you, you should still move over and let them pass. If you are doing 45, you shouldn't even be on the left lane to start with. And you especially shouldn't get your ******* in a bunch and start slowing down because someone else wants to go somewhere faster than you.

Kapish?

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

If a simple flash of the factory high beams doesn't alert them that they are impeding the flow of traffic, then blinding them or deafening them with a train horn isn't going to change that. All your going to do is endanger other people. Even if your an ******* and don't care if they have an accident, what if they lose control and hit another motorist who was not "inconveniencing" you? Are you really okay with risking other peoples lives, just to get where your going sooner? Perhaps it's time for you to rethink your life.

I admire your philosophy. Did I just accidentally join the Gandhi / dalai lama / nelson mandela / world peace forum? My bookmarks must have gotten messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free