Best fog lights to high beam left lane hoggers? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up in New England, our left lane hoggers are notorious. I mean, the left lane hoggers specialize in doing 45 mph and if there is a sprinkling of snow or even light rain, they go even slower.

In my current truck, I have Hella 500FFs converted to HID on my front lightbar specifically to high beam the shit out of these hoggers when I get stuck behind them. Sounds extreme I know, but you don't understand how much of a pet peeve this is for me :) They make everyone cut across lanes and take on the risk of getting by them, while they coast along at 45 mph with a death grip on their steering wheel held at 9 and 3. Some of these a##holes will even brake check you, like you are doing something wrong and not them.

Anyway, which Gen 2 fogs will serve this purpose? And I am looking for a 'flood' pattern correct? Amber or white?

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like an expensive kit just for high beaming people and if they'll brake check you wouldn't the lights just annoy them more?

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, what they are doing may be irritating but it IS legal. What you are doing is not.
Dude, since when did a Ford Raptor Forum turn into a bunch of law-abiding upfront citizens? :) if you don't agree with my Approach, that is perfectly okay with me. Just looking for feedback on fog lights.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brake check is not safe or legal. Plus if you are doing 45mph you can not stay in the left lane, or the speed lane. I can see the frustration over this...

I never said it wasn't frustrating, or that I am the most law abiding citizen around. We have ******** around here that will do that intentionally just to **** people off, because you will get the ticket, not them. And as far as brake checking, it's a helluva lot easier to talk your way out of that one, especially with snow on the road. You rear end someone, you almost always get the ticket. And especially these days with the focus on road rage, you are going to jail.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up in New England, our left lane hoggers are notorious. I mean, the left lane hoggers specialize in doing 45 mph and if there is a sprinkling of snow or even light rain, they go even slower.

In my current truck, I have Hella 500FFs converted to HID on my front lightbar specifically to high beam the shit out of these hoggers when I get stuck behind them. Sounds extreme I know, but you don't understand how much of a pet peeve this is for me :) They make everyone cut across lanes and take on the risk of getting by them, while they coast along at 45 mph with a death grip on their steering wheel held at 9 and 3. Some of these a##holes will even brake check you, like you are doing something wrong and not them.

Anyway, which Gen 2 fogs will serve this purpose? And I am looking for a 'flood' pattern correct? Amber or white?

Way off topic, but could you post some pictures of your converted 500ff's?
I have hellas on my ford racing bar up front, and since day one have considered throwing HIDs in them.

Also, to answer your question, if you just want to near field flash someone, you want 1. LED and 2. the cheapo LED. They don't focus the light, so they just spray it out and glare...which is exactly what you want for flashing people. You want as much light in their mirror as you can get...you're not worried about throwing it a mile down the road in a nice, tight beam.

Last edited: