BajaDesigns upper grill light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjm1261

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have spent most the morning going through the forums looking for peoples pictures of their installed uppergrill baja designs light bar kit. I've only found a couple here and there.

Can people please post pics and comments of their setup. Trying to decide if I want to get them soon. As well as get some good pictures to convince her she wants it as well haha...

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
C

cjm1261

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% set on anything. Just like the way the S8 looks so far.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted some in the BD thread that showed the S8 mounted and how I modified my upper grill so that I could adjust the S8 after installation. I also posted night shots later in the same thread showing the Onx6 and S8 by themselves and together and then w/OEM lights on, too. After having the S8 for a couple months now, it's a great light. Kind of a pain to install and impossible to adjust unless you devise a way to adjust it post-installation like I did. It has more spot illumination than the lower grill Onx6. I'm really happy with the output of the two light bars together. They really compliment each other. If I could only get one though, I'd opt for the Onx6 based on ease of installation and adjustability. If the S8 were as easy to install and adjust, then that would be my preference.

OP
OP
C

cjm1261

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats definitely something to keep in mind then. I'm not sure how often I would want to adjust it after install, but not being able to is for sure a limitation. I do like the way the Onx6 look too. Man, decisions...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This isn't my truck but a customer's truck who went with the Baja Designs lights. He LOVES them (I think he's on here somewhere, real nice fella). Shoot me a message on here if you need info. We're a big fan of Baja Designs (and a dealer naturally, changing over all the Rigid on our demo truck to Baja in the next week or two). So I can help you find the right kit/etc...

This is from the Baja Designs site:
2017-Raptor-FrontL3__38062.1490542380.1280.1280.jpg

And here is a customer's truck: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvwl6XgoXw/?taken-by=4x4truckleds

(Sorry it's a link, it's instagram so can't really copy the image source)

OP
OP
C

cjm1261

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man that looks good. I may be in touch in the near future. Thank you for the image and info!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problem. Baja REALLY did a fantastic job on the new 2017 Raptor light kits. They've always had Raptor kits available but man did they do a good job with the new ones. I'll admit, I don't own a Raptor (bought my truck in 2015) but I WISH I waited because their kit is the one thing I wish I had (granted I don't even have fogs now with the new bumper lol, but still)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your photos don't appear... I saw that thread earlier while mobile and saw no photos... i'm on a desktop pc now... still no photos. Was curious to see the build too