Baja Designs XL80 vs 2x Squadron pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know you and I went back/forth but I figured why not share what I said with the rest.

So I'd recommend the Squadron Pros... in my opinion the XL look too big on the pillars for my taste, unless you are going for that look. The squadron pros are awesome and unless you REALLY need that extra distance, the XL in my opinion seem a bit big. BUT it's a popular option. But that's my opninion of course. I'm a big fan of Squadrons for pillars and either Squadrons or XL for bumpers (or hell now that the new LP9 are out those look awesome).

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you end up going with? Also, do you have photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent choice. The pros seem to be the most popular followed by the unlimited kit.

The 30" OnX8 grille light bar is the next most popular followed by pillar lights, as you said you are looking for.

Spot is what you really want for pillars btw. I did driving/combo (clear) originally on my truck, then went to driving/combo ambers, ended up back at clear spots (the driving/combo will reflect off the hood a little, spots still do a LITTLE bit but not as much).

I opted not to go with the amber for looks only. I already have an amber in my grille and it seemed like too much amber.

But we have all of the baja lights in stock and we do have brackets in stock as well... so when you are ready let me know.